Update as of 18th January 2021
Currently, children from Years 5 -13 learn through our Virtual School Experience - according to government guidelines till 31st of January 2021.
Children from Pre-Nursery to Year 1 are allowed to attend Early Years Centre, and children in Years 2-4 can attend our Main Campus.
Our approach to safety and prevention
- At the start of each half-term, we endeavour to offer school-funded testing for all students on or before the first day(s) back at school.
- We are reviewing all of our bubbles to see if we can improve zoning even further
- Based on recent outcomes of students’ test results, Year group bubbles can be treated as discrete entities therefore if we have a case in Year 1, for example, we will only have to consider closing this particular year group
- Dependent on the outcomes of the track and trace procedures, any future closures may be restricted to one specific class rather than the whole year group
- In the case of a COVID positive student being detected, voluntary testing will be offered for all students in the affected class or year group. The rationale behind this is tobring the children back to school as soon as it is safe
- Voluntary testing will be facilitated for those who would like more regular testing. This will be an agreement between the family and testing company and will be paid by parents
All school activities, like school trips and ski courses, as well as various extracurricular activities, will be cancelled.
We will continue to follow guidelines and take all necessary steps to ensure the health and safety of all students, colleagues, and the wider parent community at The British School Warsaw as a matter of priority.