We are looking for an experienced marketing and sales professional to lead and manage the Marketing, Admissions and Communications department at The British School of Beijing, Shunyi (BSB Shunyi)
You will be responsible for working with the School Principal, SLT, Regional MAC Team and School MAC team to create an outstanding experience for parents and students throughout every stage of the Parent Experience Journey (PEJ) from Awareness, Consideration, Purchase to Advocacy. You will set all relevant policies, procedures, quality and customer service standards and ensure delivery to all prospective families and influencers. You will be an exceptional leader of people, able to coach and develop your team members whilst influencing across the school. You’ll be a valued member of the School Senior Leadership Team and act as an ambassador for the school through external outreach.
Tasked with meeting challenging performance indicators, the Director of Admissions and Marketing (DAM) will have a proven track record in achieving outcomes, and have experience of strategic marketing and recruitment, and in customer relationship management. Proactivity, energy and efficiency will be key to this role, as will be personal warmth, emotional intelligence and an ability to inspire confidence and respect. You will have significant leadership experience within a complex environment and possess the ability to build credible and long term relationships with all stakeholders, students and partners.
You will need an appropriate level of qualification, the management skills and experience necessary to lead and develop the department, together with an understanding of the character and mission of the school.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Degree qualified
- 7-10 years’ experience in a Sales/Marketing role with demonstrated success in growing/increasing sales in a competitive market
- Experience of having worked within a service delivery sector. Education sector experience a bonus
- Experience of high level networking to build creative and mutually beneficial relationships that positively impact on strategic and tactical business development
- Understands and is able to build strong customer advocacy and repeat client loyalty and retention
- Strong analytical skills and proven record of using data and research to support initiatives undertaken
- Ability to build, manage and motivate cross functional high performing teams
- Experience of working with CRM systems and integration with the sales life cycle
- Experience in monitoring competitor market activity
- Experience in using digital and social media trends and tools to influence the sales life cycle
Adapt and implement the Parent Experience Journey for the school.
- Lead the design and delivery of all key touch-points for parents and children throughout the entire PEJ, based on a deep understanding of their needs so that families experience the school’s story and promises in action.
- Lead, develop and execute best practice throughout the entire PEJ leveraging the global toolkit, framework communications and striving for outstanding standards.
- Lead the implementation of our Nord Anglia Admissions Signatures leveraging the global toolkit and group examples of best practice.
Lead, coach and guide the Admissions team to deliver annual enrolment targets.
- Develop, execute and regularly monitor marketing, retention and admissions plans.
- Lead and drive strategies to generate enquiries through both online and offline campaigns.
- Develop key processes and lead team to guide parents and students through the admissions process, making the experience positive, straightforward and engaging throughout.
- Oversee all parent communication to ensure responsiveness (24-hour response times during working week), quality (written and verbal language, structure and attention to detail) and attitude (team warmth and enthusiasm).
Lead, coach and develop the team to maintain accurate data in school systems, enabling responsive decision making through the enrolment process and accurate forecasting during annual planning.
- Oversee data capture and lead management through iSAMs currently and CRM when it launches and ensure that team adhere to NAE business rules in relation to data capture and management.
- Lead the review of school enrolment data to identify opportunities and risks and develop plans to unlock and mitigate.
Lead, coach and guide the Marketing & Communications team to understand the needs of internal and external stakeholders and develop marketing and communications strategies and activities which deliver the key school messages in a timely, relevant and engaging way.
- Together with the Marketing Manager and Regional Director of Admissions & Marketing, develop the school brand equity and USP within local market parent and competitor context and aligned to the Nord Anglia brand position, together with the school message house and brand style guide.
- Oversee the implementation of the school brand style guide to ensure consistency and quality of positioning and visual identity in all school collateral including core Nord Anglia brand and marketing campaigns such as Juilliard, MIT, UNICEF and Global Campus.
Provide appropriate leadership, coaching and best practice sharing to MAC team, the Principal, SLT, academic faculty and regional / global MAC team.
- Lead, coach and develop school Marketing, Admissions and Communications team members to deliver against targets.
- Support the Principal to develop a culture where the school engages as one and works to ensure admissions is a whole school responsibility.
What we offer:
As a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, joining our team means you will be a part of networked admissions and marketing team where ideas, learning and best practice are shared. This vibrant cross border exchange and collaboration is encouraged and supported at every level and is exciting to be a part of. The role offers a challenging and diverse full-time position in a dynamic and growing school. We offer the exciting opportunity to help showcase the stories of our students and support our community to be a fun and inviting place for all our families. Competitive salary and relocation package included.