Designed by BSG staff, the purpose-built facilities offer modern learning experiences unique to the School's ambitions and collaborations with MIT and The Juilliard School, New York.
Imagine building and coding a robot and presenting it using 'green screen' — all in one room! The STEAM Studio is inspired by our collaboration with MIT, giving students the opportunity to experiment with science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics.
Here's what Year 1 can look forward to:
- All classrooms are purpose built and fully resourced by our teachers.
- Shared spaces between each classroom are available to support class collaborations.
- English language rich role play areas will be used throughout.
- A Performance Hall & Dance Studio will support the launch of 'Juilliard Dance’ in 2018.
- A Library containing a full selection of new books chosen specifically for Year 1 by current teachers.
- Dining Hall that will allow all classes and staff to eat together.
- Fully equipped music room, ready for class teaching and individual lessons.
- An amazing STEAM Studio ready for use as 'a hub for creative thinking' by all in Primary. This room will boast a touch screen TV, robotics activities, green screen technology, a floor to ceiling Lego Wall, a Magnetic Wall and a perspex Design Wall for creating or drafting ideas.
- Independent access to outdoor learning from each classroom.
- An amazing age appropriate outdoor learning environment designed for curriculum and play that will include a Water Area, Design & Technology Pod with woodwork benches & tools, hammocks for outdoor reading and an amphitheatre for alfresco performances and fun.