Information and Reminders
- Please remember to book an appointment for your child’s Academic Review Evening on either Monday 17th October or Wednesday 19th October. You will be able to book an appointment until 10am on Monday 17th October.
- Children are now able to wear their winter uniform as the weather has become colder. We would like all students to be in their winter uniforms by Monday 7th November. If you need any additional uniform items, they are available now in our uniform shop.
- Please fill in the trip consent forms and send it back by Friday 21st October.
- Please remember email is the first route for communication. Teachers check their emails regularly during the day so if you have messages only send it by email. Check Dojo regularly for updates.
- A reminder that Year 3 have P.E. lesson 3 on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please help them to remember the correct P.E. kit. Year 3A have basketball lessons. 3B have swimming lessons so please make sure they have their swimming kit and 3C have football. If your child cannot participate then please inform your child’s class teacher. If they are too sick to take part then please make sure they are well enough to be in school. On P.E. days your child should arrive at school wearing their school uniform, then change into P.E. clothes, then change back into school uniform.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and to be returned on Mondays. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. We will also send useful websites every Friday on Class Dojo.
Academic Review Evening – Monday 17th October and Wednesday 19th October
Y3 School trip to Maglev Museum and train ride – Tuesday 25th October
3A Class assembly – Thursday 3rd November - 2:20pm
No CCAs - Monday 31st October – Friday 4th November
Primary Workshop and Coffee Morning - Wednesday 2nd November
School Closed- Friday 11th November – Monday 14th November inclusive
It will be our last week on ‘The Iron Man’. We will recap the whole story by creating our own flow charts to organise the main parts. We will create our own characters and write a description about them. To finish the unit, we will become authors and write our version of the story including our new character. During guided reading we will read a book in a group and ask and answer questions. We will summarise the story and will complete comprehension questions to check our understanding.
Our focus next week, will be money and data handling. We will learn to exchange between £ and p when handling money, we will do this by becoming shop keepers to buy and sell items. We will begin to add and subtract amounts to give change. For example, I bought an apple for 54p. I gave the shopkeeper 70p. How much change will I get? We will look at different ways to make a particular amount. E.G. How many ways can you make 20p?
We will interpret bar charts, pictograms and tables to answer and ask questions. We will create our own tables and charts.
We will continue to be technologists. We will design an invention for particular problems, such as not being able to get up in the morning. We will design and make our own moving toy.
As part of our topic, our trip this term will be taking a journey on the Maglev and visiting the Maglev Museum to learn about how and why it was made. Next week we will begin to research facts about the Maglev and write questions to ask on the trip.
In Computing, we will continue to use a program to send and receive emails to the Wizard. He needs our help to complete special tasks to save him from trouble.