Information and Reminders
- PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, WE HAVE POSTPONED OUR SUMMER FUN DAY TO SATURDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER.
- Please return your child’s library day if you have not already done so.
- Keep practicing your child lines for the Porridge concert.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school and a hat to wear when they are outside.
- We are wearing our summer uniform. Please make sure your child wears the correct uniform to school, particularly the correct footwear. No nail polish is allowed. They must look smart. We will continue to monitor this closely.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Please note that IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
- Don’t forget to make seat reservations for our performances of Porridge. You will find the link on each class’s Class Dojo page.
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Monday 19th June – KS2 Sports Day; 10.45am to end of day
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Stars of the Week
3A – Henry for his creative ideas when designing protective equipment for a volcanologist and for always participating actively in all subjects.
3B – Ho Ting Ning for being a friendly and caring child in class and in the playground. Well done!
3C – Brian for his fantastic performance in porridge.
Next week we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of living in the shadow of an active volcano. We will read the legend - Ruaumoko The God of Earthquakes and Volcanoes and retell the story through drama.
Next week we will continue to review the Year 3 objectives. We will focus particular targets that the children need to work on. For example, measurement, time, fractions and calculations.
We will also complete investigations based around the topics covered this year.
Next week we will look at tornadoes and tsunamis. We will learn what they are and what causes them. We will begin to prepare resources for our Exit Point.
We will complete our unit of ‘We are bug fixers’. Then the children will make a Year 3 memory video of all their favourite things they have done this year so they can treasure it forever.