After opening our doors last August, our school community continues to grow! Each new family that joins BISC South Loop brings unique perspective and interests, which makes planning and attending school-wide events a blast. We’ve already held a ton of fantastic community events this school year, from a walk/run benefitting Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital to spirit days that helped raise funds for our annual Tanzania expedition. We’ve also laced up our dancing shoes for a Barn Dance, Scottish heritage celebration and Holiday Bazaar.
Offers of admission for the 2016-17 school year were sent last week, and our new Bulldog families often inquire about opportunities to get involved in the school community. On top of our vibrant roster of community events, there are a number of ways to get involved at BISC:
- Parent Committees: We have several committees, chaired by parents, that work closely with faculty and staff in a variety of capacities. You are welcome to participate on the Admissions Ambassador Committee, Curriculum Committee, College Counseling Committee, Athletics Committee, Yearbook Committee, Friends of the Library and Food Service Committee.
- Parent Links: Parent Links are parents and family members who represent their child’s classroom, serving as important liaisons between the administration, faculty and fellow parents.
- Parent Forums: The Senior Leadership Team hosts these meetings periodically throughout the school year to advise parents of school-wide developments.
- Lessons and Educational Visits: Often there are opportunities to volunteer in your child’s classroom or chaperone a field trip.
- Parent Consultations: We hold Parent Consultations four times a year, enabling you and your child to meet with their teachers, review learning and discuss targets for development.
- Learning Walks and Presentations: Select faculty members host presentations and school tours that showcase BISC South Loop’s curriculum and approach to learning.
We also put on dozens of sporting events, musical performances and guest speaker presentations, which are open to all BISC South Loop families. Plus, as an educational pillar of the South Loop community, we often open our doors to our neighbors. In fact, we recently announced a Community Soccer League that kicks off Saturday, April 16!
We value parent involvement because it strengthens and unites our school community. There’s an opportunity for everyone!
To read about community events in real time, follow BISC South Loop on Twitter and Facebook.