Learning takes fuel. On top of that, our students are growing and developing every day. That’s why we cook up fresh, balanced meals from scratch in our university-style kitchen and cafeteria.
We believe in offering:
- Menus that feature seasonal and regionally ingredients
- Ingredients from local farmers and small producers
- A variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options
- Sustainable seafood that follows the Marine Stewardship Council’s guidelines and recommendations
- Milk that is sourced locally and free of added growth hormones
- A variety of whole grain breads, pastas and cereals
- Trans-fat free oils, including non-GMO soy oil, that are produced in a green facility in Michigan
- No MSG – ever
- Organic, shade-grown, fair trade and rainforest alliance coffees and teas
- Options that accommodate nutritional and dietary requests
- Produce that is fresh, fresh frozen or packed in 100% juice or water
- Only proteins that are USDA certified
Our meal program is compulsory for children in Nursery-Year 9, and reflects the wide range of tastes of our K-12 international school community.
We publish the menu on a monthly basis, and each day offer well-rounded meals with a global focus. Student favorites include chicken fajitas, parmesan crusted tilapia, vegetable jambalaya, herb-baked chicken, lentils and rice, artisan pizza on whole wheat crust, and so much more.
A lunch order includes an entrée (two hot options, including vetegarian, plus made-to-order deli sandwiches); water, fruit juice (no sugar added) and milk; unlimited access to the fruit and veggie bar; and rotating soup options. There's an additional entrée selection for High School students, who may also enjoy lunch off campus.
On top of lunch, the cafeteria offers breakfast and a huge variety of snacks for purchase, from hummus and pita chips to yogurt and fruit. Students in Nursery-Year 9 receive a morning snack as part of the meal program.
We also believe the food service experience shouldn’t end in the cafeteria.
Our Food Services team teaches a cooking class to students, invites continuous feedback from students and parents, and provides food for tons of school-related events, like sports games, parent/staff socials and festivals.
Like our approach to learning, our meal program is personalized, international and helps students thrive!