Applications are invited from enthusiastic, qualified and experienced teachers or current middle leaders. A minimum of three years recent experience of teaching Physics to GCSE/IGCSE and either A level or the IB Diploma programme is essential, relevant middle leadership experience in a good science department will be an advantage. The BIS Science Department is a dynamic and innovative team of 13 teachers supported by three science technicians housed in modern well-equipped specialist laboratories. Our motivated and high achieving students are involved in a wide range of activities beyond the classroom.
The Science Department is well-established and Physics is a popular and successful choice for Separate Science (Physics) at IGCSE, and both SL and HL Physics at IB. We are keen to appoint a candidate who is able to continue to develop the IB Physics course. Our students are highly motivated, keen to develop their science and a delight to teach.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
• Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
• Has an excellent track record of developing programmes of study across all key stages
Start Date: Initial contracts are for two years with a start date of August 2018.
We offer a professional working environment and an attractive remuneration and benefits package. Benefits include:
- A fast-paced, global experience so that you can progress on a global scale
- An enabling environment founded on creativity, challenge and collaboration
- A culture which is fair and consultative
- Unique opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career
Alongside great training and a competitive package, you’ll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the worlds' most vibrant cities.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 17 January 2018 although we reserve the right to pursue good applications as soon as we are ready.
First stage interviews will be conducted by Skype or telephone and final interviews will take place at the Nord Anglia Education Recruitment Event in central London in the week commencing 29th January 2018 (alternative arrangements will be made for candidates who cannot attend in person).