The council is comprised of peer elected representatives who are eager to support and represent their classes, in an attempt to positively shape the Léman community. Student Council members are trusted and empowered by their classmates to serve as the voice for their year group. In communicating their fellow students’ needs, concerns, and desires to the teachers and administration they develop a sense of purpose within the school; while building critical thinking and leadership skills. Student council is a great way to develop leadership skills for our student,s and has contributed to keeping a balanced approach to school decisions by providing student input. Our students are asked to be leaders of the student body and to provide a positive role model for others to emulate. Some of the duties of our student council members are;
- Feedback of information to faculty from students.
- Advocating on behalf of the student body.
- Assisting in the organization of activities such as House Events and charitable or service activities.
- Setting high standards for their peers to emulate.
- Representing the student body during accreditation visit.
- Acting as chaperones during visits to the school.
- Representing Léman values and mission in their interactions with others.