On 25th April in lovely weather, we began our walking tour at the SNP Bridge.
Ms Slobodova guided us very professionally in German (and admittedly a bit of English) around the Old Town, presenting the most important historical buildings and facts. During the tour, the children found the answers to questions such as ‘What is on top of St. Martin’s Cathedral? Why is it there? What is the black ball in the wall of the City Hall? What is inside the Primate’s Palace?’ This allowed the students to get to know Bratislava from a different point of view.
Inside the Primate’s Palace the children learnt about the Mirror Hall, where the Treaty of Pressburg, after the Battle of the Three Emperors, was signed in 1805, and about the rare tapestries from the manufacturer of Mortlake, England.
We concluded the tour with a brief stop in an “Eissalon” where everybody enjoyed the best ice cream in town!