Our Parent Association Executive Committee, Friends of ICS (FOICS), is a source of information and the parents' link to our School through educational matters committees and organising social events.
They work hard to enhance communication between the School and the Parents and is led by the President for 2017/2018, Jennifer Greenow.
Jennifer is from the USA and has twin boys in Grade 8. She has been an active member of the community for several years before taking on the Presidency role this September. Her Committee consist of:-
- Hans Christian Riege (Vice President), father to two children in Grades 12 & 8. Hans is Norwegian and was very involved in his previous school’s Parent Association in Norway before joining ICS.
- Dawn Griffin (Treasurer), she has two sons at ICS who are in Grades 12 & 8. Dawn has an accounting background and is from South Africa.
- Secretary Post Available - Nehad Sharaf is stepping down from the position of Secretary for the Executive Committee due to her work on her PhD. Therefore there is a vacancy for the role of Secretary and if anyone is interested please contact Jennifer Greenow.
The Executive Committee meet each month with the Director and Marketing Manager to discuss non-educational issues raised by the Parent Community. Educational Matters are also discussed each month by the Primary Educational Matters Committee (PEMC) and the Secondary Educational Matters Committee (SEMC). The wonderful work of each committee ensures that any matters of concern or any commendations are raised at each meeting which is also attended by the Director and relevant Head of School. Each grade is also served by Class Representatives who enable communication with the different Committees & ICS Staff.
The Chairpersons and Secretaries are:-
- Primary School PEMC – Chairperson – Carolina Awuapara and Amelia Lewis as Secretary
- Secondary School SEMC – Chairperson – Maria Starefors and Nehad Sharaf as Secretary
Other Committees included in the structure are:-
- The Welcome Committee Chairperson - Marta Malmierca (involved in communicating with new families and being present at the welcome events)
- The Events Committee – Chairperson - Melanie Powell (involved in the main community events such as the Paella Party and Bazaar).
If you have any questions for our Parent Association or would like to become more involved please write to email@example.com. Your continued support of the PA is essential in facilitating communication and maintaining our close-knit community, which we are very proud of.