- Many of the children are wearing more than one layer and long sleeve under their cubs t-shirts. Please remember that at school the children spend a good part of the day running around outside. As the weather is now a lot warmer children may be over heating.
- Please ensure your child brings a hat to school each day. Outdoor play is an essential part of our children’s day and we need to ensure they are protected from the sun. If you would like sun cream on your child please put it on them before they come to school on a morning.
- We encourage the children to wear their Cubs t-shirt to school every day. This will help to prepare them for wearing the school uniform in Reception next year. Thank you.
- Early Years transition workshop: Tuesday 23 May from 8.45 – 9:30 in Stage One. We will discuss ways we support the children in school as they move on to a new class and how you can help at home.
- Wedding: A reminder that children can wear clothing that they consider appropriate for a wedding on Wednesday 24 May. Please bring a change of clothing and sensible shoes for afterwards for if they want to climb, paint and play outside.
- Wanted - Jumble items for Tanzania Table at the Garden Party
We are a group of Y.8 & 9 students who are busy fundraising for the projects we will support in November when we travel to Tanzania on our amazing service project. We are looking for your help for contributions of second-hand toys, books and any other small unwanted household items for our Jumble Table at the Summer Garden Party. If you are leaving China or just having a Spring clean, please consider donating your unwanted items to our Tanzania Jumble Table. Please send them in to either the Primary or Secondary reception desks.
FOX AND PANTHER CLASSES
As the sun shone, we headed to the outdoor area to care for all of our plants and flowers. Many of the vegetables were ready to be picked and we harvested some of our potatoes! Have you managed to grow anything in your garden?
As we develop our garden, we continue to look at growth and talk about what will happen next to the plants. We are hoping that the sunflowers will flower next week and we will be able to do some observational drawings and even measure how tall each of them are and which is the tallest and shortest.
It has been great to see the children using the junk model materials, coming up with ideas of what they would like to create first and then thinking about what materials will work best. How will we stick the pieces together? If glue doesn’t work how will you change it? Can you come up with another idea? If you have any large boxes, we would love to have them!
harvest, pick, grow, taller, tallest, shorter, shortest, measure,
MEERKAT AND WOLF CLASSES
We have wedding fever throughout the Nursery. Thank you to those of you who have sent in wedding photos and remember it is not too late to send these in. The children have loved talking about these and we have had some great conversations about why people get married and who they are going to marry. The flowers and wedding dress have now been made with a lot of work by the children. We have also had a communal project going on to build a horse and cart. Next week will bring all of this hard work together when we get the final preparations going. The children will make sandwiches and ice cup-cakes. This follows on from the strong interest many children have in combining water and sand in the mud kitchen to make cakes. We will be making cards for the happy couple as part of our literacy focus. All classes will be involved in decoration our outdoor area. We are expecting this event to extend their role play in the coming weeks.
wedding, preparations, decorations, bunting, invitations, cards, congratulations
This week share your wedding album/video with your child.
Onze piraten van (Pre) Nursery kiezen deze week het ruime sop. Same n met Aadje Piraatje verkennen we de wijde oceaan. Het wordt een avontuurlijke tocht waarop we belaagd worden door haaien en in een storm terechtkomen. Heis de zeilen! Schip ahoi!
de kaart, het roer, het zeil, de kapitein, de kok, de haai, de schildpad, het anker, de vlag
As the Dragon Boat Festival is coming we will have this theme for the Mandarin Class. We will talk about the history behind the festival and what people do to celebrate this Traditional Festival. Children can use green paper and rice to learn how to make a sticky rice dumpling. They can have a dragon boat race role play game as well.
Dragon Boat Festival 端午节 (duan wu jie), sticky rice dumpling粽子 (zong zi), dragon Boat 龙舟(long zhou)
Sticky Rice Dumpling story! 端午食粽！(duan wu shi zong)
We will be making a dumpling but if you want to try to make at home here is the link: