For more information about the routines of your child’s individual class please attend our ‘Meet and Greet’ meeting on Monday 29 August from 6.15-8.00. There will be a brief ‘Welcome’, followed by two sessions with class teachers in the classrooms; one at 6.45 and another at 7.15. This will give you the opportunity to meet teachers if you have children in different year groups. It will allow you also to ask any questions and meet other parents of children in your class.
- After a busy first week back at school the children are beginning to settle in and become familiar with their new routines. We would like to thank all our parents for your support and understanding as the first week in school can be both exciting and sometimes quite overwhelming. We are so pleased to see the children adapting quickly to school life in Pre-Nursery.
- Swimming (for the toilet trained children only) will take place on Wednesdays. This will begin on Wednesday 31 August. Children will need a labelled waterproof bag containing their swimming costume and swim hat and towel. Goggles are optional. Arm bands or other swim aids are not needed.
- Please ensure all clothing and belongings are labelled with your child’s name. This includes water bottles, snack boxes and hats.
- Please remember to send in a pair of named indoor shoes for your child to wear whilst inside.
- Sharing time will start on Friday 2 September. Children may bring in a toy or item from home that they would like to share or talk about at school. Please do not send in anything precious or fragile, and make sure that it is well labelled with your child’s name.
- Please send in or email the classroom teacher a photograph of your child with their family in preparation for next week’s theme of families.
OUR LEARNING THEME: ME AND MY CLASS
We will continue to teach our daily routines and settle the children into the class. Children will be encouraged to talk about the things they like to do in school, and develop a sense of belonging to their class. Talk to your child about their class. Are you a Badger cub? A Polar Bear cub or a Tiger cub?
The following week we will extend our theme to include ‘Our Families’ and so we would like to ask parents to send in a family photograph to aid our learning. It would be helpful if the people in the photo were labelled so we know who they are. Either an electronic copy sent in by email, or a print would be perfect. Thank you.
teacher, friend, classroom, toilet, sink, wash our hands, clean up, name
PERSONAL SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
As the children begin their second week in Pre Nursery we will be reinforcing our daily routines, and supporting children to feel confident at school.
There will be a focus during carpet sessions on learning to recognise the other children in the class, and we will play games to help children remember each other’s names, and the names of their teachers.
snack, lunch, play, outside, friend, teacher.
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
We will introduce the children to the animal that represents their class and find out a little bit of information about the animal, for example:
What does a Badger look like?
Where do Polar Bears live?
What do Tigers sound like?
Talk to your child about their class animal. Can you find them in a story book at home?
We will be encouraging children to use the toilet area with greater confindence and wash their hands carefully, as well as developing independence at snack times. Children will continue to be given the opportunity to try a range of new tastes at lunchtime.
toilet, wash, hands, taste, eat.
De peuters hebben Jules de klaspop de voorbije dagen in hun hart gesloten. Deze week gaan we samen met Jules op vakantie naar zee.
We lezen het boek `Boer Boris gaat naar zee` en pakken al onze strandspullen in.
Heeft u leuke vakantiekiekjes van uw peuter mail deze dan zeker naar email@example.com. Deze bieden mooie ondersteuning bij onze kringgesprekken.
Me and my class
STORIES : Spot goes to school 小波去上学（xiao bo qu shang xue）
SONG : School song 上学歌（shang xue ge ）
名字name（ming zi）班级 class（ban ji ）学校 school（xue xiao）