Our school is very special because we are the only bilingual school in Vietnam that has a licence to teach an international curriculum and deliver international qualifications. We also are the only school in Vietnam to be fully accredited by CIS, the Council of International Schools. This is a very prestigious accreditation and only a few schools in Vietnam are fully accredited. We are particularly pleased to have received our full accreditation just a few years after the school was established, which is highly unusual and a great testimony to the quality of the school.
Our curriculum is based on the National Curriculum of England, and we have also embedded a number of Vietnamese subjects in our programme to offer our students the best from both types of education. Our students graduate with International A Level Qualifications, which are not only recognised by all top universities in the world, but are also well respected and highly regarded by leading universities.
“The leadership and staff have worked hard at developing curriculum, activities and a school-wide culture that supports the BVIS mission and Aide Memoire” CIS Accreditation Assessment Report, January 2016
In January 2016, BVIS was awarded full CIS accreditation and became the first bilingual school in Vietnam to receive this prestigious international accreditation. As part of their assessment report, CIS have particularly commended the following areas of the school:
- The EYFS department for implementing a curriculum that is developmentally appropriate for its students and for the outstanding learning environment it has created to achieve its aims;
- The Head of Primary for the design of the school’s curriculum to support bilingualism and, subsequently, the school’s mission;
- The Primary Teachers and Teaching Assistants for their implementation of translanguaging strategies and their collaboration to support bilingualism;
- The Secondary Leadership Team for its response to the increase in enrolment by further development of the option choices;
- The school for the fact that BVIS is perceived by students to be a safe, caring and respectful community, which reflects well on the school’s Mission and Aide Memoire;
- The Senior Leadership Team for implementing a continuing professional development model that has led to the development of practise which supports the school’s mission;
- The Senior Leadership Team and Teachers for prioritising language practices that support bilingual instruction;
- The Senior Leadership Team for their commitment to the BVIS mission, especially in regards to language acquisition;
- The school’s Leadership and former owner (now a Board member at NAE) for their support of Vietnamese staff to gain recognised teaching qualifications, both within Vietnam and internationally;
- The Principal for the appointment of a Whole School Language Coordinator to address the needs of aligning Primary and Secondary language support programs;
- The school’s Staff for an equal and highly collaborative partnership between Vietnamese Staff and those of other nationalities;
- The Senior Management Board for the sound state of financial affairs for a new school.