Entrepreneurship is forcing a change away from the priority status of traditional education and college. The trends are now moving toward economic independence as job markets diminish, and experiential learning is continually sought out.
As Windermere Preparatory School prepares students for college, as well as for career, we are aware that in addition to education, colleges are now looking at experience as part of the application process.
Even students who are entering more traditional careers will experience more decentralized corporate systems with a focus toward independent problem solving and entrepreneurship capability on the rise. Students are also seeking additional experience so as to balance that with the more academic rigor they currently undertake.
Statistics of Entrepreneurship on the Rise:
- 5000 entrepreneur programs currently operating in the USA
- 2000 colleges (up from 500 in 1980s)
- $22 billion funded by Venture Capitalists in the first six months of 2014. Change is exponential given average was $30 billion annually pre-recession.
- Large Corporations such as Mastercard are seeking start-up talent to redefine their future. The new College?
- Statistically, Generation Z are poised to become the most "Entrepreneurial Group in History." Technology driven. YouTube University.
- Parents are encouraging their children to be more entrepreneurial and independent.
- Also, greater social awareness as a result of technology helps to drive the trend as more and more people can share ideas.