With such a diverse school population, the PTSA is a vital part of the school community at the British International School of Houston.
The Parent -Teacher-Student Association (PTSA) at the British International School of Houston brings together the whole school community by organizing and hosting various events throughout the academic year and supporting new families to ensure they feel welcome beyond the classroom.
The PTSA works in collaboration with the School Leadership Team (SLT) and typically organizes the following types of events:
- Whole-school fairs, on the school site, which include activities, games, food and drink, outside vendors and musical entertainment by students.
- Parent events, held off-site in the evening. This includes a curry and quiz night, Texas style line dancing, and a Summer Ball.
- Refreshments at performing arts and sporting events
- Courses/lectures for parents, in conjunction with Texas PTA
- Casual coffee mornings, providing an opportunity to meet staff and other parents
- Second Hand Uniform