As parent/guardian of the student named in your application (hereafter known as ‘Student’), I hereby agree to undertake with The British International School Abu Dhabi (hereafter known as the ‘School’) as follows:
1. Unless prevented by sickness or other reasons satisfactory to the School, the Student will regularly attend the School and strictly conform to the rules and regulations, policies and instructions of the School and its staff.
2. That I will familiarize myself with the rules and regulations and that I will conform in so far as the rules affect me and are notified to me.
3. That I have read and understood the Schedule of Fees for the current academic year (as amended from time to time by notification from the School). The failure on my part to comply with any of the payment conditions of that schedule may result in the Student being prevented from attending School classes as prescribed or approved by the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC).
4. That I will give written notification of my intention to remove my child from the School. That I will pay tuition fees due as invoiced, and be entitled to all refunds, as per the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) Private School Policy.
5. The School may at its absolute discretion (subject to authorization from ADEC) require the removal of a Student without notice if he or she has been guilty of serious misconduct. In this event, no claim shall arise for the refund (or reduction) of any portion of any School fees already paid (or payable) to the School.
6. That I have disclosed/will disclose all relevant medical data about the Student in the School’s Medical and Immunisation Record and Consent Declaration, and will keep the School informed of any changes to the information provided therein.
7. That I have disclosed and provided copies of all psychological reports, assessments and diagnoses of additional education needs as appropriate.
8. In the event of an accident or serious illness, where the School is unable to contact me, I authorise the School to seek medical treatment for the Student at their complete discretion and I agree to pay all medical fees in this respect.
9. That I agree to allow the Student to participate in all School activities, competitions, trips and other forms of physical activities organized by the School. If any of these activities involves excursion outside of the School, prior notification by the School will be sufficient. I acknowledge that participation in sports and other activities have a natural element of risk and I accept this risk.
10. I will inform the School in writing about any disabilities or illnesses of the Student, which may affect their participation in sports or other activities.
11. School leavers need to give a minimum 30 days notice in order for Administration to get clearance from Finance and arrange any school documents.
12. Nothing in this agreement limits either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the party or any other liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
13. I agree that the Student attends the School at his/her own risk. The School shall not be liable whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any injury that may occur to the Student whilst attending the School or whilst travelling to and from the School. The School will also not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Student’s personal belongings.
14. Any change of my address or change of contact details shall be advised to the School in writing. Any change of authorised persons to collect the Student from School shall be advised to the School in writing. Any changes to the Student’s details, health or circumstances shall be advised to the School in writing. The School shall not be held responsible for any consequences resulting from failure to advise changed details.
15. That I authorise the School to contact me via email and SMS to update me on school activities, for general information and for emergency purposes.
16. That I am aware of the structure and organisation of the School and that the School operates a 13 year programme.
17. The School may assign or transfer this contract and any of its rights and obligations under it to any associated company of the School.
18. Documents / Certificates and billing based on passport.
19. That the School will use its best endeavor to ensure that only those authorised persons advised to the School collect the Student from School.
You will be required to agree to our terms and conditions in order to gain acceptance into the British International School, Abu Dhabi. As part of the online application process, once you have completed the application by ticking the appropriate box and providing your e-signature, we will consider that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions of our School.