- Please ensure your child brings a hat to school each day. Outdoor play is an essential part of our children’s day and we need to ensure they are protected from the sun. If you would like sun cream on your child please put it on them before they come to school on a morning.
- We encourage the children to wear their Cubs t-shirt to school every day. This will help to prepare them for wearing the school uniform in Reception next year. Thank you.
- Early Years transition workshop: Tuesday 23 May from 8.45 – 9:30 in Stage One. We will discuss ways we support the children in school as they move on to a new class and how you can help at home.
- Wedding: We will be learning about wedding celebrations as one of our teachers in Early Years is getting married in July. It would be great if children could bring in a family wedding photo so that we can learn about wedding celebrations around the world.
- Wanted - Jumble items for Tanzania Table at the Garden Party
We are a group of Y.8 & 9 students who are busy fundraising for the projects we will support in November when we travel to Tanzania on our amazing service project. We are looking for your help for contributions of second-hand toys, books and any other small unwanted household items for our Jumble Table at the Summer Garden Party. If you are leaving China or just having a Spring clean, please consider donating your unwanted items to our Tanzania Jumble Table. Please send them in to either the Primary or Secondary reception desks.
Thanks for your support.
Tanzania Student Team
FOX AND PANTHER CLASSES
As the sun shone, we headed to the outdoor area to care for all of our plants and flowers. Many of the vegetables were ready to be picked and we harvested some of our potatoes! Have you managed to grow anything in your garden?
As we develop our garden, we continue to look at growth and talk about what will happen next to the plants. We are hoping that the sunflowers will flower next week and we will be able to do some observational drawings and even measure how tall each of them are and which is the tallest and shortest.
It has been great to see the children using the junk model materials, coming up with ideas of what they would like to create first and then thinking about what materials will work best. How will we stick the piece together? If glue doesn’t work how will you change it? Can you come up with another idea? If you have any large boxes, we would love to have them!
Harvest, pick, grow, taller, tallest, shorter, shortest, measure
MEERKAT AND WOLF CLASSES
This week we have had some very exciting events with the new arrival of our budgie, named ‘Lola’ by the children. We will learn about how to care for birds by reading non-fiction books and watching some videos about birds. We have also started our wedding preparations as we prepare for Miss Mallon’s wedding which will happen in school at the end of May. All of the children will take on an important role in preparing for this wedding. The children will also make wedding cards which will allow them to see the purpose of writing and making marks.
The children have shown an interest in numbers this week, writing them and even adding numbers together. We will extend this with the children by using objects to add groups together and playing number games such as jumping along a number line.
We have been developing our hand-eye coordination by hammering nails into bottle tops. This will be extended further by having the children thread through the holes and make mobiles and a chandelier to hang for Miss Mallon’s big day.
Wedding, preparations, decorations, numbers, adding, birds, food, water
The Best Nest
Are You My Mother
The Birdie Song
Deze week krijgen we flessenpost! De komende weken gaan we op schattenjacht en komen we te weten hoe je een echte piraat wordt. We bouwen een piratenschip in de Nederlandse klas en kiezen het ruime sop. Schip ahoi!
de schat, de piraat, het schip, de vlag, de schatkaart , de fles, de post
We will continue our sporting theme this week. We will focus on the spirit of team work. The children are going to learn words they can use to cheer others on. We will make some pompoms and they will practise cheering on their team. They will play a relay race game outside so to build team spirit.
relay race 接力赛 (jie li sai), cheerleaders 啦啦队 (la la dui), cheer on 加油(jia you)
Stories: The World Is So Beautiful! 世界真美好！(shi jie zhen mei hao)