- It was wonderful to see so mnay of you attend the Meet the Teacher session last week. Thank you so much for coming and finding out about life in Nursery.
- Uniform-please remember to wear the Cubs T-shirt and bring at least three spare pairs of clothes to put in cubbies.
- Help us to keep all your child’s belongings safe by labelling everything clearly with name and class.
- The children are becoming more settled and confident in their new environments. We will be sending out simple visual timetables next week so you can share the daily routine with your child e.g. group time, playing and learning time, P.E.
- We will start our swimming session for the children who are independent with their toileting next week. Please send your child into school with a towel, goggles and a costume. There is no need for flotation devices. Talk to your child about swimming and what fun it will be in the water.
- COMMUNICATION BETWEEN HOME AND SCHOOL As you can understand this is a very busy time of the year for teachers as we support the children with being happy, confident, and active learners. We are doing our best to write in the communication books at least once a week to let you know how your child is doing and we check then daily to see if you have written to us. We use the communication books to cover house keeping issues such as when they need additional clothing, or to inform you if your child has been hurt, and to keep you updated on behaviour and friendships. It allows us to share what the child has eaten that day. Tapestry our Online Learning Journey informs you of your child’s learning progress, social development, interests and how we extend children’s interests. We update each child’s Tapestry regularly.
- Family Library time: the main school Library on the 3rd floor is open on Monday and Tuesday evening after school every week for parents to share and borrow books.
LEARNING THEME: Let’s explore outside our classroom!
We are excited to be introducing our young learners to their new specialist routines this week, with the commencement of our weekly swimming, music and PE times. Class teachers will manage this with sensitivity and flexibility to ensure all children are able to feel secure and ready to enjoy these new experiences. We will continue with our ongoing work to build positive relationships among all the adults and children in our learning environments and reinforce the simple routines that the children have already been learning.
MANDARIN THEME: Me and my class
STORIES : Spot goes to school 小波去上学（xiao bo qu shang xue）
SONG : School song 上学歌（shang xue ge ）http://v.baidu.com/watch/01761141478746662044.html
名字name（ming zi）班级 class（ban ji ）学校 school（xue xiao）