Thank you to all the parents who have volunteered to share delicious food from their home country! We (the children and certainly the teachers) are greatly looking forward to the International Week Food Fair on Tuesday 28 March.
- Please be aware that the BISCAP/Swimming programmes have now finished. The Term 3 programme will begin on Monday 17 April and run until Thursday 16 June.
- Our annual International Week Parade will be on Friday 31 March. The children can come to school dressed to represent a country of their choice, face paints and flags are warmly encouraged! We hope that you can join us, the parade will start at 9am and we would love to see you there.
- On Wednesday 29 March we have photographers in school to take photos of new children who have started at school since our last photo day, please ensure that your child is wearing the school uniform Cubs t-shirt to look smart in their school picture.
- On Wednesday 29 March Neil Griffiths, a well-known children’s book author will be visiting the school to work with KS1 and Early Years. He will be retelling his stories and encouraging the children to participate in an interactive presentation.
- The librarians are in school until 4:30 on Mondays and Tuesdays, if you want to come and borrow books, you can set up a family account.
LEARNING THEMES – UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
We will be thinking and talking about all the different countries that we come from and what ‘International’ means. The children will be hearing stories from around the world and hopefully some of you will be able to join us for an International story time too! We will be hearing some different languages and learning how to say “hello” in a new language. We will be listening to music from around the world and trying some different foods too! The children are invited to dress up to represent their country on Friday so we will be looking at some traditional costumes.
Its going to be a very busy last week of term !
International, world, country, story, tradition, traditional
LITERACY- READING & LISTENING
As we hear stories from around the world we will think about their differences and similarities, we will talk about the settings and the characters and the different languages that we use.
Story, traditional, country, setting, character, language
The children will continue to progress with their ‘Letters and Sounds’, working with class teachers throughout the week to consolidate their phonic skills and learn new sounds as they are ready to move on. Please check your children’s phonics pack for new sounds, tricky words and common sight words to practise at home in line with their learning at school.
MATHS – NUMBER
We will be doing some very practical maths this week; sharing out some International food, working out how many sandwiches could be left over or how many we need to make! Cutting into halves and quarters and even weighing out the ingredients to make some International treats!
How many? more, left over, share, fair, equal, the same, half, quarter, how much, weigh
We will be talking about different countries related to international week. We will go through flags, food and music from different countries with children.
各国儿童心连心（geguo ertong xinlianxin）Heart to Heart
画国旗 (hua guoqi) Draw your national flag
country names in Mandarin（UK, France, Canada etc） 英国，法国，加拿大等 (yingguo, faguo, jianada deng)
National flag 国旗 (guoqi)
我是（中国）人。wo shi (zhongguo)ren. I am from.....
De Nederlandse peuters en kleuters gaan deze week op stap! Pre Nursery, Nursery en Reception nemen maandagochtend de schoolbus naar de SRC Family United Clinic waar Dokter Sarai Van Nietveld ons de kneepjes van het doktersvak zal bijbrengen. Adem in, adem uit en zeg eens AAAA!
De kinderen van Reception hebben het ondertussen heel druk in onze dierenkliniek met het behandelen van allerlei dierenkwaaltjes.
de uitstap, de huisarts, onderzoeken, spreekkamer, wachtkamer, de dokterstas, de doktersjas, de operatie , de röntgenfoto, onderzoeken, de onderzoekstafel, de weegschaal, stethoscoop, achterpoot, voorpoot