- Join us for our PET Welcome Back Party on Saturday 9 September 6pm -9pm.
- We kindly ask that parents stay in the playground in the mornings and encourage their child to come up to their classroom with their teacher and class.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform.
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays. Last week the homework was optional and entries can be brought in.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA and BISCAP. Both programmes will begin on Monday 4th September.
- Reuse, Reduce, Recycle: Second Hand Uniform Sale
Did your child outgrow their old uniform tops and bottoms? Did your child graduate from Primary to Secondary? Do you have unwanted uniform items? Will your family be moving on from BISS Puxi to new adventures? Please consider donating all your unneeded BISS Puxi uniforms to the Second Hand Uniform Sale. All items can be dropped at the Primary or Secondary reception desks throughout the school year. All items need to be clean and in good condition, thanks for your support.
Please come and restock your children's Primary and Secondary uniforms at our sales on Thursday, September 7th from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm in Primary Gallery.
Please remember to bring small cash and your own bag. All proceeds go to charity.
We need your help!!! If you would like to work on the Second Hand Uniform Sale project, please email Tracy at firstname.lastname@example.org or wechat: tracyly55. It only involves four afternoons over the course of the school year.
This week in Literacy lessons the children will read the story of ‘Dogger’ by Shirley Hughes. They will explore how Dogger felt during different parts of the story and think about how they would feel if it happened to them. The children will then write captions, linking what they read or heard to their own experiences. They will begin to punctuate sentences using a capital letter, full stop.
Captions, feelings, experiences, sentence, punctuation, capital letter, full stop, question mark, exclamation mark.
In Maths, the children will be learning about different shapes. We will focus on learning the names and the features of the different 2D shapes. We will then use these shapes to create different printing patterns and inspired by some Kandinsky images, children will also design a 2D shape painting.
2D shapes, square, circle, triangle, rectangle, sides, corners, patterns, printing.
This week our Themed Learning lessons will be linked to our Literacy. We will focus on learning the names of the different parts of the body and we will learn all about the things people need to help them grow up to be strong and healthy. Children will also learn about the different food groups and the importance of eating a healthy diet.
Keeping health, healthy diet, growing, changing, body parts, food groups.
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
This week, children will be learning how to log themselves on and off of a computer or laptop. They will focus on learning how to type the Year 1 user name and password and will pratise their skills when moving the mouse. Within class, they will also be learning how to use the ipads correctly and safely.
Computer, laptop, keyboard, mouse, screen, log in, password, ipad.
This week we will be thinking of ways to help keep our bodies healthy. We will focus on keeping safe when playing with our friends, washing our hands and not spreading germs. We will also continue to help our new friends settle into life at BISS.
Positive, rule, beginning, safe, keeping healthy, germs, body parts.
Deze week maken de kinderen van year 1 een gepersonaliseerde groeimeter. We ordenen onze baby-, peuter- en kleuterfoto`s en labelen de verschillende groeifases.
De letter van de week is de ` i` van ik. We leren woorden met de korte klank ` i` lezen en schrijven.
This week children will be learning a greeting song and learn to read the characters “你ni/you、好hao/good、早zao/morning”.
Homework: Finish the worksheet on the topic of Greeting.
Topic: Lesson 1. Nature
This week students will be able to say ‘star, moon, tree, cloud, and mountain’.
Homework: Chant the poem
Mandarin Y1 MNDCN