- 27 April ‘How We Learn What We Learn’ Parent Workshop- Join Dr Hopkin for Supporting your Child to Read. 8:50-9:45a.m. Stage One.
- Healthy Snacks - Please ensure that your child’s daily snack is a healthy one
- Warm Weather - Now the weather is getting warmer, please could you encourage your child to bring in a hat and also a water bottle so that they remain well hydrated during the day.
- School Library - Our school librarians are in school until 4:30pm on a Monday and Tuesday. If, as parents, you would like to borrow books you can set up afamily account.
- ‘Let’s Be Ambitious’ - We will be sending home an extra optional homework sheet on Wednesday for the children that like an extra challenge. More information will be available in their homework folders.
In Literacy this week we will complete our three week unit learning how to write a report. We will link this report to our topic on Rainforests. The children will use the notes they gathered last week to write a report using appropriate subheadings, facts and opinions. The grammar focus for the week is using subordinating and coordinating conjunctions.
In Maths the children will learn how to recognise and describe 2D and 3D shapes. By the end of the week the children should be able to compare the relative properties of different shapes. The children will also learn how to evaluate data from tally charts, pictograms and bar graphs.
The children will be using the information they gathered from last week’s exploration and knowledge harvest on the topic of deforestation in the Rainforest to make a news report. Within small groups each child will play the role of a concerned party such as a logger or a tribe’s person. Two children will be news reporters and interview the children to find out their opinions.
The teachers will teach the children playground games and discuss what it means to be a good friend.
Topic: Book 4b Lesson 1 Weather
Children will learn to describe the weather.
Key Words/Phrases: “下雨rain, 下雪snow, 晴天sunny day, 很冷very cold, 很热very hot, 刮大风very windy” .
Radicals:“ 穴 cave, 灬heat, 冫 ice ”
Key sentence: “今天(下雨了)。It is (rainy) today.
Topic: Learning Materials
Children will learn some words of stationery.
Key words: 铅笔qian bi/pencil，橡皮 xiang pi/eraser，彩色笔 cai se bi/colour pen，尺子 chi zi/ruler，剪刀 jian dao/scissors
Key sentence: ……里li有you……. /There are … in…
Home work: Worksheet.
Topic: Monkey King Book 2B-- Lesson. 6 Birthday Party
Students will learn items of Birthday Party
Homework: Finish worksheet on this topic
De kinderen van KS1 hebben zich deze week verdiept in het leven en de kunst van Piet Mondriaan. Volgende week gaan we verder aan de slag met het schrijven van zijn biografie . We laten ons inspireren door zijn Broadway Boogie Woogie en creëren onze eigen Shanghai Boogie Woogie.
In de spellingslessen oefenen we de medeklinkerclusters uit de vriendjesflat!