- Join us for our PET Welcome Back Party on Saturday 9 September 6pm -9pm.
- Please encourage your child to come up to their classroom with their teacher and class in the mornings. We kindly ask that parents stay in the playground.
- Please ensure children are reading aloud each day. Even the most fluent of readers benefit from saying the text out loud as it means children are not skipping over unfamiliar and tricky vocabulary.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- If for any reason your child is unable to take part in PE, please send a signed message in your child’s communication book. Your child still needs to bring in their PE kit to enable them to participate as a coach, an official or to give feedback. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- ECA and BISCAP - Both programmes will begin on Monday 4 September.
- Reuse, Reduce, Recycle: Second Hand Uniform Sale
Did your child outgrow their old uniform tops and bottoms? Did your child graduate from Primary to Secondary? Do you have unwanted uniform items? Will your family be moving on from BISS Puxi to new adventures? Please consider donating all your unneeded BISS Puxi uniforms to the Second Hand Uniform Sale. All items can be dropped at the Primary or Secondary reception desks throughout the school year. All items need to be clean and in good condition, thanks for your support.
Please come and restock your children's Primary and Secondary uniforms at our sales on Thursday, September 7th from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm in Primary Gallery.
Please remember to bring small cash and your own bag. All proceeds go to charity.
We need your help!!! If you would like to work on the Second Hand Uniform Sale project, please email Tracy at email@example.com or wechat: tracyly55. It only involves four afternoons over the course of the school year.
Next week, we will be looking at how we can use the different word classes in our writing. In particular, we will be focusing on sentence formation (capital letters, full stops and conjunctions) for the writing of our fairy tales. We will also be recapping on high-frequency spellings from KS1.
adjective, noun, proper noun, verb, beginning, middle, end, problem, character, plot
This term, the Year 3 team will be focusing on developing the children's reading comprehension skills. This week, the children will be focusing on making comparisons in the context of nursery rhymes.
Literal, inference, deduction, compare, opinion, reason
In Maths next week, children will be building on their place value work and moving onto multiplying by 10 and 100. They will be looking more specifically at number patterns; in particular, counting in 4, 8, 50 and 10.
Place value, ones, tens, hundreds, counting, patterns, multiply, multiples
The direct learning will take a focus on how we look at our surroundings to help us to identify where we are. The questioning will be guided to the works of famous artist David Hockney. We will start by learning about the artist and to ask questions based on sections of the paintings using ‘I see…’, ‘I think…’ and ‘I wonder…’. The children will then be given a small square of a famous painting. Their task will be to investigate the piece on its own and then put together the puzzle by finding other members of their team. The children will then become the artists, drawing and painting their piece of the picture. Finally, they will collaboratively put it together to create a montage of a famous painting.
art, colour, shapes, lines, pattern, sketch, compare, contrast, montage, collaborative
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
For this half term, the Year 3 children will be building on their computer programming skills from last year and be introduced to loops and if statements through Espresso Coding. This week, they will recap their understanding of how to program sprites to move on the screen using actions and functions.
Coding, action, function, sprite
Next week the children will be learning more about being Ambitious! Alongside being academically ambitious we will be talking to the children about thinking ambitiously and developing their core skills which will underpin all that they do. We will focus on 8 core skills this year and we are beginning by introducing the children to Curiosity, Collaboration and Communication.
Curiosity, Collaboration, Communication, Core skills, ambitious.
Klaar voor de start
Juf Chris is vanaf deze week met verlof. Juf Patricia neemt alle lessen van haar over. Patricia heeft vorige week de hele week meegedraaid en is inmiddels goed bekend met de routines en het curriculum.
Deze week maken de leerlingen hun beeldverslag tijdlijn af. Mocht u nog fotootjes willen sturen, doe dit dan zo snel mogelijk aan firstname.lastname@example.org . Aan het einde van dit thema zijn alle tijdlijne n te bewonderen in de klas.
We starten met het maken van ons klassenspel. De leerlingen ontwerpen samen een bordspel compleet met handleiding, vragen- en opdrachtkaartjes.
De leerlingen herhalen met spelling in Blok 1 van Staal alle categorieën van het vorige leerjaar in sneltreinvaart. Op basis van de instapdictees maken ze hun ‘eigen’ opdrachten.
Mandarin Y3 C1
Topic: Lesson 1. Countries, Languages
This week students will talk about the countries they have been to and what languages they can speak.
Mandarin Y3 C2/C3
Topic: Lesson 1
This week students will learn Pinyin and Basic Strokes.
Homework: Copy the Chinese characters you have learned.
Mandarin Y3 MND03CN