- We look forward to welcoming you at our ‘Meet and Greet’ meeting on Monday 21 August from 6.00-8.00. There will be a brief ‘Welcome’, followed by two sessions with class teachers in the classrooms; one at 6.30 and another at 7.15. This will give you the opportunity to meet teachers if you have children in different year groups. It will allow you also to ask any questions and meet other parents of children in your class.
We would like to ask that children do not attend the Meet & Greet event. The event is targeted at adults and the timing is late for the children on a school night. We fully understand that for some NEW parents, you do not yet have child care and so may have to bring your children. If you are bringing your child, please be responsible for your child at all times as they cannot be left unsupervised in school or the playground. You may want to bring something to keep them quietly occupied while the teacher is talking. Thanks for your support and understanding.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- ECA and BISCAP sign-up is available on the school website and confirmation letters will follow. Both programmes will begin on Monday 4 September.
This week the children will be continuing to use a range of speaking and listening skills to refamiliarise themselves with key language vocabulary ahead of the new school year. They will link this to the beginnings of our ‘Inventions’ topic when thinking about the different ways which people have communicated with one another over the years.
Noun, adjective, adverb, verb, communication
This week in Maths, the children will be continuing to recap their place value knowledge initially. This will allow them to move on towards understanding that calculations have inverse operations. The children will be investigating how addition and subtraction are linked and how this knowledge can help them to solve a range of problems.
Place value, addition, subtraction, inverse, operation
This term the initial theme for our learning is ‘Inventions and Inventors’. We will look at inventors from the past and create our own inventions with electrical equipment. We will visit the Shanghai Car Museum later in the term and have a ‘Learning Showcase’ where the students will share their learning with parents.
This week, we will be looking at ky inventions over time and the impact which they had on the world.
Inventor, Invention, change, famous, impact
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
This week the children will be learning to use the programme Dance Mat. This is directed at helping them to increase their typing speed. We will be encouraging them to access this at home and school to practice further.
Keyboard, home row keys, QWERTY keyboard, Caps Lock, space bar, Shift key