- We look forward to welcoming you at our ‘Meet and Greet’ meeting on Monday 21 August from 6.00-8.00. There will be a brief ‘Welcome’, followed by two sessions with class teachers in the classrooms; one at 6.30 and another at 7.15. This will give you the opportunity to meet teachers if you have children in different year groups. It will allow you also to ask any questions and meet other parents of children in your class.
We would like to ask that children do not attend the Meet & Greet event. The event is targeted at adults and the timing is late for the children on a school night. We fully understand that for some NEW parents, you do not yet have child care and so may have to bring your children. If you are bringing your child, please be responsible for your child at all times as they cannot be left unsupervised in school or the playground. You may want to bring something to keep them quietly occupied while the teacher is talking. Thanks for your support and understanding.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- ECA and BISCAP sign-up is available on the school website and confirmation letters will follow. Both programmes will begin on Monday 4 September.
This week the children will learn about non chronological reports. They will study a variety of information about different types of settlements and will present this information using headings and sub-headings. The children will learn how to write full detailed paragrpagh and organise their information to suit an audience.
non-chronological report, information text, formal language, third person, present tense
This week we will be focusing on the place value of numbers up to and including 1 million. The children will take part in a variety of individual, paired and group activities to understand the value of numbers. We will also dicuss the value of digits after the decimal point by introducing tenths and hundredths.
Decimal point, units, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, hundred thousands, millions, tenths, hundredths, thousandths
This week, the children will be curious about how water is distributed around our world. We will set the children a provocation to allow them to think about how dirty water is found around our world and help them to form questions about water scarcity. We will
Water abundance, physical water scarcity, ecomonic water scarcity, filtering
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
This week the children will start the term by thinking about E-safety. We will discuss the correct and incorrect way of handling personal information online.
Search engine, safe searching, online safety
In PSHCE this term we will be looking at teamwork and collaborative working. We will focus further on fostering new relationships, creating rules and expectations for the group and how to work together successfully.
Trust, bravery, commitment