On Monday 14th November we will be doing an important update to tapestry. The current version will migrate to a new address https://tapestryjournal.com/. This update will not affect any of the past observations. You will be redirected to the new web address if you log on to www.eylj.org. Tapestry will not be accessible on Monday 14th November and Tuesday 15th November while these changes are made. Thank you for your continued support with this. If you have any concerns please email Natalie Walker at email@example.com and she will answer any questions.
- Swimming days: if your child swims at school, please can you make sure that they are wearing leggings or trousers, and not tights. Many thanks.
- For the safety of the children, please make sure that the gates are fully closed when coming in and out of the Pre-Nursery area.
- We would appreciate any spare clothes you have at home to add to our collection this includes socks, underwear, tshirts, jumpers and trousers . Children occasionally need to be changed and it is always good to have a selection ready. On this note if your child has borrowed any spares, could you please wash them and return them to school. Thank you for your continued support with this.
- A reminder that School is closed to pupils on Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 November.
- Any photos and videos taken in school of groups of children during the normal school day should only be taken by school staff or with the agreement of school staff. At no point should any images of children at school be shared using social media without the parents’ permission. Thank you for your support.
OUR LEARNING THEME: TRANSPORT
The new theme of transport has been met with such great interest and passion by the children this week that we will continue the theme into next week. We will look at a selection of vehicles in more depth, asking the children to look closely at them. How many wheels does it have? What sound does it make? How does it move? Can you move like a helicopter?
We will continue to sing a range of songs, including favourites like ‘Th e Wheels on the Bus’ and new ones like ‘We all go travelling by’ .
Sound, move, wheel, car, bus , train, bike, airplane, boat
We will be playing an exciting traffic light game with the children to promote careful listening and responding to instructions. When a traffic light is shown and called out, the children will move accordingly: red( stop), amber ( slow), green( run around the area). The children will be encouraged to think about the space around them and be
Red, yellow, green, run, stop, listen
Maths is all around us. We will practise reciting numbers and counting with the children through a variety of carefully planned activities. How many cars are there in the car park? How many wheels does the vehicle have? Can you give me one/two carriages to extend the train?
How many, numbers 1-10, give me 1, give me 2
De peuters vieren deze week feest! Jules wordt bijna 4 ! We brengen samen alles in gereedheid voor Jules`verjaardagsfeest: we versieren de klas, we maken een verjaardagskaart en bedenken wat we gaan eten en drinken op het feest van Jules!
THEME: transport 交通工具
SONG: take a train 火车开了（huo che kai le）
STORY: Do you know these cars ? 《你认识这些车吗？》（ni ren shi zhe xie che ma）
KEY VOCABULARY : car汽车（qi che）、 wheel轮胎（lun tai） 、 bike自行车（zi xing che）、bus公交车（gong jiao che）、train火车（huo che）