What can you expect?
Inspiring lessons from your child’s teacher make every virtual school day an engaging one. Your early years child will:
- Take part in real-time lessons with their world-class teachers every day using a safe and secure platform
- Have fun trying new activities online and offline
- Develop essential skills and nurture curiosity through independent learning and play
- As parents, you will receive regular updates from your child’s teachers on their progress and achievements.
Watch! How To Support Your Child’s Learning @ Home
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher. If you do not have their email, you can find it on the school website here.
- Google Meet video conferences for all students with their teachers during the week
- Specialist lessons scheduled for students: Specialist classes have been scheduled for each grade across the week. At the start of these lessons, the Specialist teacher will be online in a Google Meet video call to go through the lesson with your child and answer any questions. Children are only expected to do one Specialist lesson per subject a week.
- Streamlined communication: We will use SeeSaw for all lesson plans for each day and for the week, and email for communication between the school offices and parents.
Parents can expect daily communication from teachers through SeeSaw. This will include some activities for the day and a message to children.
Students can expect daily video conferences with their teachers and teaching assistants. This will support them in connecting with their classmates and give families support in completing suggested tasks that have been sent home on SeeSaw.
Please send in videos or photos of your child doing the activities so that teachers can respond with individual comments and ideas to further extend their learning.
What does an early years virtual school day look like?