Northbridge International School Cambodia offers students the opportunity to study the esteemed IB Diploma Programme. This is a qualification highly regarded by some of the most selective universities around the world. Completing this challenging and rewarding course will give students the platform they need to secure their place at a first-choice university and go on to achieve their dreams. Northbridge International School Cambodia offers one of the finest IB Diploma Programmes available in Cambodia, opening the door to a range of exciting global opportunities.
Students studying the IB Diploma Programme at Northbridge International School Cambodia have access to resources that will help them unlock their full potential. We have state-of-the-art facilities, highly qualified teachers and a culture of personalised learning to help support your child in gaining this prestigious qualification. During the year there are regular information sessions about the IBDP, which parents are strongly encouraged to attend so we can work together to ensure students achieve success.
What is the DP?
Northbridge International School Cambodia is very proud to belong to the prestigious family of the International Baccalaureate Diploma schools.
The Diploma Programme (DP) is a two-year international education programme that prepares students for further education. It also prepares students to become independent learners and problem-solvers who are equipped to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
The Diploma Programme is a respected, reliable and world-renowned curriculum that offers a holistic approach to teaching and learning with a keen focus on developing international-mindedness and 21st century skills. For more information click here.
What is our DP offer?
Each DP student can choose 6 courses from the following list of subjects:
- Studies in Languages and Literature: English Language and Literature, Khmer Literature, Korean Language and Literature and Mandarin Literature
- Language Acquisition: English, French, Mandarin and Spanish
- Individual and Societies: Business management, Economics, History and Geography
- Sciences: Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches or Applications and Interpretation
- The Arts: Music and Visual Arts (alternatively students can select another subject from Individual and Societies and Sciences courses instead of the Arts).
Additionally, students take three compulsory components:
- Theory of Knowledge – an interdisciplinary course designed to help students question and understand how they know what they know.
- Extended Essay - a 4,000-word essay based on the independent research in the area of student`s interest.
- Creativity, Activity, Service - an experiential learning component of the Diploma Programme. Students complete a wide variety of extracurricular activities, including community service and physical activities.