Dear Parents and Students
I would like to reiterate my personal appreciation for all of the support that you have provided throughout the year. Sadly, a number of our community will be moving to new locations and will be finding different schools. Please keep in touch with us and make plans to visit if you are in Al Khor, as we would like to welcome friends back to the school.
Nadine and I have enjoyed a wonderful first year in Al Khor. Outside of work, we have had a lot of fun travelling around Qatar and enjoying its many wonderful beaches and beautiful scenery. We have much to celebrate in school as well. Our Primary School has started ‘life without levels’, which has been a significant change to schools in the UK and abroad. Whereas many schools experienced a lot of difficulties in implementing these changes, we have had a smooth and seamless transition, which has allowed us to challenge all of our pupils.
The area that matters most, but can be overlooked, is the good work taking place in and out of the classroom on a daily basis. I would like to express my gratitude to teachers, students and parents for all of the effort that has gone into maximising learning opportunities for our children on a daily basis.
In addition, there have been a number of achievements this year including:
- Successful fundraising from our PTFA
- Creation of a Strategic Development Plan
- Formalisation of policies and procedures
- A successful Quality Assurance inspection from Nord Anglia Education
- Cohesive approach to whole-school events from Foundation Stage to Secondary School
- Increased educational visits both within Qatar and abroad
- Expanded extra-curricular programme of activities, including community programmes
- Increased use of Global Campus and becoming more involved with Nord Anglia initiatives
- Fantastic productions and accompanying Art Exhibition
However, we still have much work to do to further improve our school. Next year will see us implementing and updating our Strategic Development Plan, which highlights ambitious action plans identifying how NAISAK will become the best school possible. We will strive to improve in a number of areas, which will include:
- Updating our existing facilities (including a Library, increased classrooms and better outdoor facilities)
- More students use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Introduce Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE)
- Increased community events
- Review of our vision, mission and promises
- A full curriculum review
- Teaching and Learning audit
- Standardised assessments that are internationally recognised to monitor pupil progress
Should you have any questions or comments on the above, please feel free to contact the school to further discuss. Alternatively, we do have a suggestions box in the Reception Area of the school.
I would like to wish Eid Mubarak to those celebrating the Holy month of Ramadan. I hope everybody has an enjoyable summer holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back to school on Sunday 10 September.