1. THE APPLICATION
The first step is to arrange a visit. Next, you will need to complete an Application Form with the supporting below-listed documentation. Please note, this is not a commitment on your part to accept a place, nor does it represent a formal offer from the school. Your application and documents can either be:
- Submitted on the day of your initial visit
- Submitted by email to our Admissions Office.
- Submitted to the Admissions Office on the day of assessment
In order to complete the application, there are several additional documents that we require from you before your child can be assessed:
- Two passport size photographs of your child (taken within the last 6 months)
- A photocopy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- A photocopy of your (parents’) passports and visas
- Copies of your child’s two most recent school reports
- A copy of any educational psychologist’s or medical reports that will help us to understand how best we can meet your child’s particular learning needs
- A photocopy of your House Registration (Thai nationals only)
Note: Individual circumstances may mean that not all of these steps are possible or appropriate for your situation. However, we will talk with you about how best to tailor our admissions process to suit you and your family's needs.
2. THE ASSESSMENT
In asking parents to bring their child for assessment, our aim is to determine whether he or she is able to access the whole school curriculum and whether their learning needs can be met by us.
The assessment day, which takes place within school, is an opportunity for your child to participate in a normal school day with their peers and evaluate their compatibility with the school. They take part in all forms of class activities and are allocated class buddies to show them round at recreation times. Teachers will be consulted throughout the day about how your child is performing and these observations will be used to make judgments, which will be discussed later with the parents.
There are no formal entrance tests, however children do need to show a desire to learn; an appropriate level of English for their age and curriculum stage; a willingness to participate in individual, group and class activities; and an ability to participate in the school curriculum. If this is difficult to evaluate, for any reason, on the assessment day, a child may be invited for further assessment days to allow for a fair review to be made.
3. THE OFFER OF A PLACE
We aim to send you written confirmation that we can offer your child a place at St Andrews within 72 hours of the assessment. An Application Fee of 5,000 THB per child will be incurred after the acceptance of an offer letter.
4. ACCEPTANCE AND GUARANTEE OF A PLACE
If you wish to accept the offer of a place at the school, we ask that you do so within two weeks of receiving the formal offer letter. Your child’s place will only be guaranteed if you have paid the non-refundable Enrolment Fee within two weeks of being offered a place. If you choose not to pay the Enrolment Fee and that Year Group becomes over-subscribed, your child’s place may be offered to another student.