Our sports programme gives our students opportunities to learn, build skills and have fun new experiences outside of the normal classroom environment. At St Andrews we aim to provide a very high standard of coaching and competition for our athletes as well as enable all our students to find something they can enjoy in the sports arena.
Sport at St Andrews International School Bangkok is fun, challenging and competitive. Our Physical Education (PE) curriculum has been developed to suit the needs and interests of our students. We offer many of the sports that you will find in UK schools, as well as weekly swimming and fitness lessons.
Benefits of Participating in Sports
Physical Education provides our students with opportunities to:
- Be active and learn about healthy lifestyles
- Improve their fitness
- Learn new skills
- Engage in teamwork activities
- Lead and coach
- Develop personal and social skills
- Develop skills such as resilience, self-motivation, self-belief and the ability to face challenges without fear of failure
- Enjoy the feeling of success when representing St Andrews International School Bangkok
Our PE Curriculum
The curriculum is delivered in six different blocks, so that every student from Year 3 to 11 participates in at least eight different sports. In addition to this, students studying the GCSE Physical Education course have the opportunity to take part in a wider variety of sports. High school students also compete in a Fun Run and an Aquathon for which they train during PE lessons.
The sports we offer are:
- Football (Soccer)
- Striking Games (Teeball, Softball, etc.)
Students can also choose to participate in a variety of sports and physical activities as part of our programme of extracurricular activities at the school.