Data Protection Notice ("Notice") for participants in events organised by the British Primary School - The British School No. 91 in Warsaw and/or the British Secondary School - The British School (“Event”) Please be informed that during the Event, photos or videos may be taken, on which the image of the persons participating in the Event ("Participant") may be recorded, as well as their other personal data, which will then be used, primarily to record the course of the Event and to make the photos/recordings available to a closed group of persons who participated in the Event, i.e. for commemorative and archiving purposes, via an IT platform. By participating in the Event, you consent to the use of your image for this purpose. Please be advised that you may object to such use - in such a situation, please provide such information to the organiser of the Event.
Where it is our intention to make your image or other personal data public, e.g. on a website or social media, and we require your consent to such use of your data, we will always make sure that your consent is given beforehand.
At the same time, we assure you that we make every effort to ensure the security of your data. Pursuant to Article 13 section 1 and 2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of the 27th of April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 04.05.2016), hereinafter referred to as "GDPR", we inform you that:
1. Personal data controller The organiser of the Event and the controller of your personal data is respectively one of the schools run by The British School sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw, depending on for which of the Schools the Event is organised: a) the British Primary School - The British School No. 91 in Warsaw, REGON: 146548360, b) the British Secondary School - The British School, REGON: 146548733. Where an Event involves pupils from both Schools, both Schools are jointly the controllers of your data.
2. Contact with the Personal Data Controller. In matters concerning the processing of personal data by the Controller, including the exercise of your rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer, Mr. Jeremy Buss, ul. Limanowskiego 15, 02-790 Warsaw, DPO@thebritishschool.pl.
3. Information concerning the existence of an obligation to provide personal data. Providing personal data to the Controller is voluntary. However, if personal data is not provided, it will not be possible to achieve the purposes of the data processing.
4. Legal basis and purposes of processing - the controller may process your image and/or voice, for the following purposes: a) commemorative and archiving purposes by making photos/video recordings available on an IT platform to which access will be granted to a specific group of people who participated in the Event - the consent constitutes the legal basis in this situation (Article 6 section 1 letter a of the GDPR), b) for the purposes of promoting the School's activities by sharing photos/recordings on the website or social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) - the consent constitutes the legal basis in this situation (Article 6 section 1 letter a of the GDPR), c) purposes related to education and upbringing, promotion of appropriate attitudes and behaviour - as far as the processing of school pupils' data is concerned - in such a situation, the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (Article 6 section 1 letter e of the GDPR), as well as on the basis of consent (Article 6 section 1 letter a of the GDPR)
5. Recipients and categories of recipients of personal data. Your personal data may be transferred to: a) entities processing personal data on behalf of the Controller, i.e. e.g. agencies, IT service providers, ensuring proper operation of websites or partners cooperating with the Company in the performance of their activities, where such entities process data on the basis of a contract with the Controller and only in accordance with the Controller's instructions, as well as to persons to whom the Controller directs its marketing content, users and visitors of social media: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and the companies that own the aforementioned sites, b) the company running the Schools, i.e. The British School sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw, address: ul. Limanowskiego 15, 02-943 Warsaw, and the head office or regional offices of group companies, including Nord Anglia Education Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with its registered office at: 6th Floor, 18 King William Street, London, United Kingdom, EC4N 78P, c) state entities and authorities, where such an obligation arises from the provisions of law.
6. Transfers of data to non-EEA countries. Your data may be transferred to, held by or shared with employees or suppliers in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Regardless of location, we will require the same data protection safeguards as those in place within the EEA.
7. Storage restriction. Your Personal Data will be kept for the period necessary for the purpose(s) of the processing for which the Personal Data was collected, and until you object, request restriction of processing or erasure of the data.
8. Rights concerning your personal data:
a. you have the right of access to your personal data and the right to request its rectification, erasure or restriction of its processing,
b. to the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on the prerequisite of the necessity of the processing for a purpose resulting from the legitimate interest of the controller, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. In particular, you have the right to object to processing for direct marketing purposes,
c. to the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw consent, the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent before its withdrawal,
d. you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in charge of personal data protection in Poland (the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection),
9. Automated decision-making. The Controller does not carry out automated decision-making, including profiling, based on the personal data provided by you.
10. Source of data. Personal data comes directly from the Participants.