Preparation for College Through Challenging Coursework
At North Broward Preparatory High School, your child will rigorously prepare for college through challenging academics, honor classes, AP and IB classes, and enrichment programs.
Our traditional college preparatory curriculum ensures the opportunity for each student to realize his/her full potential in an atmosphere that motivates academic excellence.
Our experienced teachers and counselors lead a full range of classes and an excellent college placement program, complete with college advisory services that focuses on helping your child gain admission to their top choice university.
The Course Handbook is your child’s first resource for making wise course choices. Course offerings may change due to staffing or student interest.
Students and parents may also consult a great team of administrators, guidance counselors, college advisors and teachers who are ready to advise them with course selections as well as the college admissions process.
Requirements for Graduation
Students must earn 24 credits to graduate. Distributional requirements are listed below. Students earn one credit for each full-year course and 1/3 credit for each trimester course.
- 4 years of Math starting with Algebra I
- 3 years of Natural Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- 4 years of English
- 4 years of Social Science (core subjects only)
- 2 credits of World Language in the same language (French, Spanish, or Mandarin) completed sequentially in high school
- 4 trimesters of Fine Arts or Technology courses
- 1 trimester of Personal Branding and Digital Communication
- 2 trimesters of Personal Fitness, Weight Training, Dance, and/or 2 seasons of a High School sport or some combination thereof
- 1 trimester of Health
- 100 hours of Community Service