An Intro to Our First through Fifth Grade
Located in Coconut Creek, Florida, our private elementary school is a place of magical discovery and the development of unquenchable curiosity.
What makes our Lower School Grades 1–5 special:
- Beginning in Lower School, students learn Chinese
- Fine Arts allows students to become bold creators and engage more deeply with the arts, enabling them to understand the importance of creative problem solving
- Students begin to take academic risks and become confident leaders
- Esteemed faculty members include more than 17 Google Certified Educators
- Dedicated STEAM Makerspace, integrated with an introduction to coding and programming
- Unique during day and after-school enrichments such as dance, tennis, speech and debate, cooking, Little Science Explorers, and Lil Hip Hoppers
Digital, interactive challenges on the Nord Anglia platform Global Campus, where our young students can connect with other Nord Anglia students around the world through exciting projects
Our Approach and Environment
At North Broward Prep Lower School, our teachers create an environment that engages every student, guides them in discovering their interests, and celebrates each child's learning styles.
Our world-class educators incorporate hands-on learning, encourage cooperation, create learning experiences outside of the classroom, and foster a desire for lifelong learning. In this way, they engage students in classroom lessons that are relevant to their lives.
We create an environment where students feel safe and are surrounded by caring educators. As a result, students feel comfortable to engage with their peers, blossom, and grow.
Using “Thinking Maps” to Make Thinking Visible
A core teaching strategy at North Broward Prep is making learning visible among students through design-based projects that excite and engage students. Our students use Thinking Maps to ask questions and explore different approaches to problem solving.
Through thinking maps, our students will create a dynamic visual design and connect it with a specific thought process to create a mental visual pattern for thinking based on one of eight cognitive skills. These skills include:
- Brainstorming / Defining in Context
- Comparing and Contrasting
- Part to Whole Relationships
- Cause and Effect
- Seeing Relationships / Analogies