Penta is one of a group of companies that are members of British Schools Overseas (BSO). Companies that are members of BSO are licenced by the UK government to inspect British type schools overseas. BSO measures schools against educational standards in the UK. The standards BSO look at in a school are in the following areas of school life:
1. The Quality of Education offered by the school
- The Curriculum
- The Quality of Teaching and Learning
2. The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
3. The welfare, health and safety of pupils
4. Ownership and staffing
5. The premises and accommodation
6. The provision of information to parents and carers and others
7. The school’s procedures for handling complaints
8. The quality of provision for boarding (if applicable)
9. Leadership and management of the school
Currently we are going through the process of accreditation with the Council of International Schools which we anticipate will be completed by the end of the 2016/17 academic year. In the future, we will focus on proceeding with a BSO inspection and, with several members of the school’s leadership being trained BSO school inspectors, we will have experienced people to guide us through this process.
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.
Mr Anthony Rowlands, Principal