Congratulations to all the students who took the IB diploma this year at British International school of Washington! This was the twelfth graduating class and as an inclusive school with the core goal of celebrating personal and academic progress, we are justifiably proud of our growing tradition of excellence at IB and of the remarkable progress our students make.
The IB Diploma is the premier international high school programme for preparing students for success in higher education and is currently being studied in 136 countries by 149,446 IB graduates. 201 students achieved a perfect score of 45 points. A rigorous, highly competitive and in most schools selected entry, the IBDP has become the “must have” international qualification for high school students.
Outstanding results for 2016 fall
- In 2016 95% of our students earned the full IB Diploma, compared with a world average of 79%
- Average point score is 33, roughly 10% above the world average 30.
- 78% achieved A’s - C’s in Extended Essays in 2016 / World Average 74%
- 100% achieved A’s & C’s in Theory of Knowledge in 2016 (100% pass rate) / World Average 80%
How we ensure academic success:
- Small class sizes
- Rigorous, regular and accurate feedback
- Timely interventions for students