Information and Reminders
Please remember to book an appointment for your child’s Academic Review Evening on either Monday 17th October or Wednesday 19th October. You will be able to book an appointment until 10am on Monday 17th October.
Children are now able to wear their winter uniform as the weather has become colder. We would like all students to be in their winter uniforms by Monday 7th November. If you need any additional uniform items, they are available now in our uniform shop.
On P.E. days your child should arrive at school wearing their school uniform, then change into P.E. clothes, then change back into school uniform.
Primary Academic Review – Monday 17th October and Wednesday 19th October
No CCAs - Monday 31st October – Friday 4th November
Primary Workshop and Coffee Morning - Wednesday 2nd November
School Closed- Friday 11th November – Monday 14th November inclusive
Stars of the Week
2A- Defne - For being a help and polite member of the class.
2B- Anny - For greater participation in lessons.
2C- Emily - for her creative writing.
We will continue to read the story of The Elves and the Shoemaker. http://www.shoemakerandtheelves.com/book/164-f2-shoemaker-and-the-elves
Our Learning Objectives will include:
- Develop pleasure in reading, motivation to read, vocabulary and understanding by: discussing the sequence of events and how items of information are related
- Understand books they listen to by: making inferences on the basis of what is being said and done
- Understand books they listen to by: predicting what might happen on the basis of what has been read so far
- Learn how to use use: expanded noun phrases to describe and specify
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by: writing for different purposes- story writing
- We will continue our work on addition and subtraction calculations. The Learning Objectives covered will include:
- Recall and use addition facts within 20
- Derive addition facts within 100
- Understand why addition is commutative
- Add a two-digit number and ones using concrete objects (base 10 blocks, numicon), pictorial representations (an empty number line, partitioning, etc.), and mentally (using number bonds)
- Add a two-digit number and tens using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally
- Add two two-digit numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally
Next week we will be studying the history of toys. As historians, we will look at toys in the past and compare them to the ones we have nowadays. We will learn how to use a timeline and sequence toys in order from oldest to newest. We will research what toys parents and grandparents used in the past by using books, questionnaires and interviews.