Information and Reminders.
All students are asked to wear winter uniforms beginning Monday 7th November. If you need any additional uniform items, they are available now in our uniform shop.
On P.E. days your child should arrive at school wearing their school uniform, then change into P.E. clothes, then change back into school uniform. Please note that due to the ACAMIS tournament taking place on Friday 28th October there will be no PE lessons for students.
STEAM Day – On Thursday, all of our students will be participating in STEAM Day. The children will come off timetable for the day and instead participate in three activities throughout the day, with their teachers, which will be STEAM based (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Maths). We are keeping these activities a tightly guarded secret until next week, but we can promise that the children will have a very exciting day next Thursday.
Thursday 27th October – STEAM Activity day (all classes will come off their regular timetable for the day and have no specialist lessons)
Friday 28th October – Halloween dress up day
Monday 31st October – Friday 4th November - No CCAs
Saturday 5th November – Bonfire night
Wednesday 9th November – Primary workshop and coffee morning
Friday 11th November and Monday 14th November – School closed due to staff training
Stars of the Week
2A- Robert- improved concentration
2B- Enzo- demonstrating excellent writing skills.
2C- Jessica –improved communication with her peers.
This week we will start to read the book ‘Too Many Toys’ by David Shannon. We will read about a young boy who has too many toys and his mum does not know what to do with them!
Our Learning Objectives will include:
- To use commas in a list
- Learn how to use expanded noun phrases to describe and specify
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks
- Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by: writing for different purposes- story writing
We will continue our work on addition and subtraction calculations, the main emphasis this week will be word problems and maths vocabulary. The Learning Objectives covered will include:
- Recall and use addition facts within 20
- Derive addition facts within 100
- Understand why addition is commutative
- Add a two-digit number and ones using concrete objects (base 10 blocks, numicon), pictorial representations (an empty number line, partitioning, etc.), and mentally (using number bonds)
- Add a two-digit number and tens using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally
- Add two two-digit numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally
- Solving word problems using addition and subtraction
Next week we will continue our topic of ‘The Magic Toymaker’. As Historians, we will focus on looking at the history of teddy bears and how they came to be popular. As Artists we will design, create and sew our own teddy bear.