Information and Reminders.
Thank you to everyone who attended our performance of Lights Camel Action, we hope you enjoyed the show!
Thank you to everybody who contributed food for the party, there was so much! Thank you for your continued effort and support.
Monday 9th January – First day of spring term
Friday 13th January- Year 2 trip to Lego Discovery Shanghai
Monday 16th January - CCA’s start
Tuesday 17th and Thursday 19th January - Academic Review Evening
Sunday 22nd January - Chinese New Year Temple Fair
Monday 23rd-Thursday 26th January - Chinese New Year Celebrations Week
Thursday 26th January - Chinese New Year Dress-up day
Thursday 26th January - Break up for Chinese New Year
Monday 6th February - Return to school
Wednesday 15th February- EY and Primary workshop and coffee morning.
Friday 24th February - STEAM Day
Wednesday 15th March - EY and Primary workshop and coffee morning.
Week beginning 20th March - Shakespeare Week
Star of the Week
2A- Halla – For being a great 2A pupil.
2B- Farah - for being a great 2B pupil.
2C-Samuel - for working hard this term.
After the holidays our focus book will be The Cat Who Wanted to go Home. A story about a cat who finds himself in a hot air balloon travelling from France to England. How will he ever get back to his owner? Our Learning Objectives covered will include:
- Learn how to use expanded noun phrases to describe and specify;
- Use of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks;
- Develop positive attitudes towards and stamina for writing by: writing for different purposes- story writing;
- To consider what they will write before beginning by: planning writing or saying their ideas.
After the holidays our topic in maths will be Fractions. Learning objectives covered will include:
- To recognise, find, name and write fractions 1/3 and ¼ of a shape or set of objects.
- To recognise, find, name and write fractions 2/4 and 3/4 of a length, shape, set of objects or quantity.
- To recognise the equivalence of 2/4 and ½
- To write simple fractions.
We are coming to the end of our Topic The Magic Toymaker, our exit point will end with a trip to the Lego Discovery Centre in Shanghai. You will have received by email more information about the trip, please send the permission slip back to school as soon as possible. Our Next topic will be From A to B. It is hard to imagine life without wheels. With no cars, trains, buses or bikes. How would we get from A to B?