Information and Reminders
- Homework has gone out this week, it needs to be returned by a Monday.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. We have sent activities home with the children for you to try with them and their reading books
- Even though the weather is cooling down, please ensure that your child is bringing both a water bottle and hat in everyday
- Please check your child’s Learning Journal to check that they are wearing the correct school uniform. We are seeing a number of items of clothing being work that are not part of our school uniform
- In the run up to International Week, we are looking for parents and family members to get involved and come in and share something of their home countries and traditions. If you would like to come in and read with your child’s class, cook with them, teach them a song or dance, or just give a talk about where you are from, please get in touch with Ms. Marshall
School Holiday (Mid-Autumn Festival) – Thursday 15th & Friday 16th September
Football Fun Day Year 4 at SAS Pudong- Tuesday 20th September
International Week – Week beg. 26th September
National Holiday (school closed) – Monday 3rd to Friday 7th October
In English this week we will be looking at a new text "Grandpa's Teeth" by Rod Clement. We will begin by reading the book and predicting what we think will happen. We will use our inference skills and be book detectives to see if we can correctly solve the crime. As detectives, we will use crime fit photographs from the book to describe in detail the potential suspects, using a range of linguistic techniques. From here we will describe the crime scene using fronted adverbials and noun phrases.
During our maths sessions we will continue to build on our knowledge and understanding of 4 digit addition and subtraction written methods. To develop our independent skills to solve problems and answers we will be using the inverse operations to check our own calculations. From here we will be looking at being able to think logically and systematically to answer two step word problems. Not only will this test our mathematics skills but also our understanding of mathematical vocabulary for addition and subtraction.
As scientists we will be exploring the role of a dentist. We will discover how many teeth humans have and the names and roles that each of the teeth play. From here we will go on to look at how important it is to look after our teeth and the detrimental effect of what happens when we don't. Continuing on from this we will begin to examine the role of the human heart and how it keeps blood moving around our body.