Information and Reminders
- Please make sure you let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Please make sure all the children come to school in appropriate school uniform. Also a reminder for girls that no nail polish is allowed to be worn.
- Please make sure that ALL items of school uniform and PE kit are clearly labelled.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served. Weekly website links will be sent on Fridays.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- If you haven’t already, we would really appreciate you taking the time to complete our Parent Satisfaction Survey by following this link: http://parentsurvey.nordanglia.com/survey/selfserve/5a0/160104?wave=y2017
Wednesday 15th March - EY and Primary workshop and coffee morning; 9am to 10.30am
Week beginning 20th March - Shakespeare Week and School Photos
Week beginning 27th March – ‘Into the Woods’ production – tickets available to purchase now
Friday 31st March – Last day of term
Star of the Week
3A - Demah Alamri for improved reading at home and effort in all subjects.
3B – All of 3B for working together to create the ‘Mr. Milkshake’ experience.
3C – Callum Lang for being confident in his presentation at the exit point today
Our next text is ‘Moon Shot’. The children will learn to retell the story. We will retrieve information from non-fiction texts to find out more about the first man on the moon. We will then use the information to make a fact file. We will write questions to ask the astronauts and American citizens at the time and then take it in turns to role play asking and answering the questions in role. At the end of the week we will write a newspaper report about the first moon landing.
In Guided Reading, we will learn to identify main ideas drawn from one paragraph at a time, and summarise them.
Over the next few weeks our new unit will be ‘Exploring Fractions’. We will learn to understand as a number and a non-unit fraction as a number. We will learn the concept of equivalent fractions. During our mental oral starters we will be revising other areas covered this year such as, counting in 4s, 8s, 50s and 100.
Next week we will start our new topic of ‘Time And Place, Earth and Space’. We will complete our Entry Point by making a sand timer. We will also look at what the children already know about the topic and what they would like to find out. A more detailed letter of our new topic is included below.
We will continue our new topic of ‘We are opinion pollsters’. We will create our own opinion poll, seek responses and then analyse the results. The homework sent on Wednesday is a task related to our lesson next week.