Information and Reminders
- We have started to wear our summer uniform. Please make sure your child wears the correct uniform to school, particularly the correct footwear. They must look smart. We will continue to monitor this closely.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- There is still time to make an appointment for next week’s Academic Review Evenings. If you have any problems with the online booking system, please contact your child’s class teacher.
Monday 17th April - CCAs Start
Tuesday 18th April - Early Years and Primary Academic Review Evening 5pm-8pm (including talks on the changes in EY and Primary next year)
Thursday 20th April - Early Years and Primary Academic Review Evening 5pm-8pm (including talks on the changes in EY and Primary next year)
Saturday 22nd April - Curry and Quiz night- more information to follow
Monday 1st May – Labour Day holiday - school closed
Wednesday 10th May - Donuts with Dads; The Hub; 8.30am followed by E- Safety Parent Workshop 9.00am
Wednesday 17th May – Parent Workshop: STEAM in Early Years and Primary
Thursday 18th May – Saturday 20th May – Primary FOBISIA games
Thursday 18th May – Early Years and Primary STEAM Day
Wednesday 24th May - Muffins with Mum; The Hub; 8.30am followed by HSK Workshop; 9.00am
Friday 26th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Friday 2nd June – Year 3 Campout
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Star of the Week
3A – Victoria for showing resilience when faced with difficult challenges.
3B – Joshua for being an engaging talk partner, speaking and listening with thoughtfulness and consideration.
3C – Ethan for settling in well to the new class.
We will continue to read and learn to retell the story of The Firework Makers Daughter. We will be planning and writing our own adventure story. We will be focusing on characters and setting and then evaluating it.
Our next topic is ‘Calculating fractions and decimals’. We will recognise that tenths arise from dividing a number or object into ten equal parts. We will learn to write tenths as a fraction and as a decimal and to count up and down in tenths.
As Scientists, we will prepare and plan our own investigations. We will find out what materials are magnetic. We will make an information poster all about electrical items that use electricity as heat. We will learn the potential dangers of electricity. We will become safety inspectors and solve dangerous scenarios.
We will look at how data is passed on the internet and through computer networks.