Information and Reminders
- No PE will take place on Wednesday due to FOBISIA.
- As it is becoming warmer please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school and a hat to wear when they are outside.
- We are wearing our summer uniform. Please make sure your child wears the correct uniform to school, particularly the correct footwear. They must look smart. We will continue to monitor this closely.
- Please make sure you also let the class teacher know if your child’s end of day arrangements have been changed so there is no confusion.
- Reading challenge – You need to sign and date your child’s learning journal 3 times in one week after you have heard them read then they will receive a Dojo point. If children are not reading regularly at home then they will attend lunchtime reading club on a Friday. We hope for your support!
- Please note that IB and IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support.
- STEAM Day - The theme for the upcoming STEAM day (Thursday 18 May) will be recycling. Please bring in clean, safe recyclable materials (plastic, cardboard, paper) for construction on the day.
Saturday 13th May – Dads and Kids Campout
Wednesday 17th May – Parent Workshop: STEAM in Early Years and Primary
Thursday 18th May – Saturday 20th May – Primary FOBISIA games
Thursday 18th May – Early Years and Primary STEAM Day
Tuesday 23rd May – Stage and Screen Performance; 6.00pm; Auditorium
Wednesday 24th May - Muffins with Mums; The Hub; 8.30am followed by HSK Workshop; 9.00am
Friday 26th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Friday 2nd June – Year 3 Campout
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Star of the Week
3A – Oscar for improved efforts to write independently and for a great effort adding and subtracting amounts.
3A - Bruna for settling well into her new school.
3B – Sebastian for doing a fantastic job in the Bright Sparks Exit Point, teaching the year twos all about electricity.
3C – Haoqi for 'being able to carefully find all the features of a news report script'
Next week we will look at a text called ‘Energy Island’. It will be about an island that became renewable energy self-sufficient. We will add inverted commas to dialogue from the text. We will identify non-fiction parts of the text, focusing on Global Warming. We will organise a piece of text into paragraphs. We will also write character descriptions, including adjectives and similes.
Next week we will return to calculations, recapping what we have done so far this year.
For addition and subtraction, we will add and subtract numbers mentally, including: a three-digit number and ones; a three-digit number and tens; a three-digit number and hundreds. We will add and subtract numbers with up to three digits, using formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction.
For multiplication and division recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables. We will write and calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division using the multiplication tables that they know, including for two-digit numbers times one-digit numbers, using mental, and progressing to formal, written methods.
Next week as Geographers, we will research a chosen volcano to plan and make a presentation to present to the class.
We will continue our unit of ‘We are bug fixers’. Children will explain how the scripts work, finding and correcting errors in them, and explore creative ways of improving them. The children will learn to recognise some common types of programming error, and practise solving problems through logical thinking.