Information and Reminders
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday. We have sent activities home with the children for you to try with them and their reading books. We are wanting Year 4 children to read at home at least 3 times a week. If you read with your child at home please mark inside their learning journals for their class teachers to see.
- Homework is sent on Wednesdays and must be returned on Mondays to be marked. Please make sure you encourage your child to complete it on their own and inform us if they found the activity challenging so we can further support them in school. They can sign up for homework club on Thursdays and Fridays which is first come, first served.
- Don’t forget to check Class Dojo to see how many House Points your child has been collecting and to see posts of what is happening in your child’s class.
- As the weather is warmer we are now wearing summer uniform in the primary school. Please visit the school website or check in your child’s Learning Journal for the appropriate clothing, which can be purchased at our uniform shop.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle to school.
- Please note that IB and IGCSE exams are taking place and will be taken in the Primary building. The main staircase in B Block will remain closed and all students and adults should use alternative staircases. Please can we ask parents not to wait in the area outside the Hive, outside Sports Hall B or along the Year 3 classrooms, as we need to ensure silence for our older students. Parents are always welcome to go to Aspretto, our coffee shop, whilst waiting for students. Thank you for your support
Tuesday 23rd May – Stage and Screen Performance; 6.00pm; Auditorium
Wednesday 24th May - Muffins with Mums; The Hub; 8.30am followed by HSK Workshop; 9.00am
Friday 26th May – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Monday 29th May and Tuesday 30th May - School closed
Wednesday 7th June – Parent Workshop – Transitions: 3rd Culture Kids with Olivia’s Place; 9.30am
Wednesday 7th June – Coffee Morning with Head of Primary and Head of Secondary; Aspretto; 11.00am
Friday 9th June – CCAs finish today
Saturday 10th June - Summer Fun Day
Wednesday 14th June – KS2 Production - Matinee performance 1:30pm
Thursday 15th June – KS2 Production - Evening performance 6:00pm
Thursday 22nd June – Primary Year in Review Assembly; Sports Hall B; 9.00am and End of Year Class Parties
Friday 23rd June – Last day of School Year; students finish at 12pm
Star Of The Week
4A Anais Dumont for the fantastic efforts she has been putting into her research about Ancient Egyptian Life
4B Karolina Varga for improving her confidence a great deal, which has helped her in all her subjects.
4C Dana Abolayah for creating a wonderful piece of art work based on Egyptian Hieroglyphics.
2nd May- 26th May
4A - Gymnastics
4B – Net/Wall
4C - Swimming
At the start of next week in our English lessons we will develop our understanding of using the present perfect form of verbs in contrast to the past tense. From here we will look at planning our writing, based on character descriptions of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses, and discuss how it is similar to other pieces of writing we have created. We will look at the structure, vocabulary choices and grammar we use within this writing. From here we will practise composing sentences building a rich and varied vocabulary alongside increasing our sentence structures. Alongside this we will try to begin to show imagination in our writing through the use of detail.
Guided Reading: During our guided reading lessons next week we will be identify how language, structure, and presentation contribute to meaning and discussing why authors make these choices.
Spelling: Next week during our spelling lessons we will focus on the rule of spelling suffix ‘-ly’ added to words ending in ‘y’, ‘le’ and ‘ic’.
During our maths lessons next week we will be looking at calculating fractions and decimals. At the start of the week we will look at being able to add and subtract fractions. This will include both adding within and beyond one whole. From here we will begin to explore the skills of being able to calculate a unit fraction of an amount when the answer is one whole. In addition to this we will calculate a non-unit fraction of an amount when the answer is a whole number. Alongside this we will apply this knowledge and skills to problem solving.
Next week we will continue with our learning around “Temples, Tombs and Treasures”. The beginning of the week sees us continuing our work on Egyptian Gods and Goddesses. From here we will be exploring the role of the pharaoh and their importance to Egyptians. We will look at what life was like as a pharaoh and how they ruled ancient Egypt. Towards the end of the week we will look at the role of the pyramids: how they were built, why they were built and what you could find inside them.