Our Secondary students have started their MAP testing this week, expertly organised by our MYP Coordinator Mr. Brown. These tests are intended to support our students and to help our teachers understand where the students need to go next with their learning. We use testing data as a way of personalising the learning, of finding out where any gaps may be and which topics or units need further exploration. They are not to judge or to rank our students, but to better identify exactly what support we need to provide in order for them to be successful and achieve beyond their expectations. I have seen myself exactly how these tests can be beneficial and spent time with Mr. Sutcliffe as he invigilated the Year 10 and 11 students during their Maths MAP - thank you to both my colleagues mentioned and all of the teachers in Secondary who will use this data for the benefit of our students.
Our usual Primary Stars of the Week were awarded today, alongside a special set of awards, kindly donated by the LFA - a big thank you again for your ongoing support. These students were awarded their prizes based on kindness, good manners, helpful behaviour and friendship - we hope those students chosen enjoy their award! Please see the attached fo this week’s Primary Stars.
We have important news to share from the latest local government travel advice. We prioritise keeping our community safe, so we would ask that you read and observe the following. Chengdu, indeed Sichuan and the whole of China have performed admirably in the current pandemic, and the measures in place will ensure we do our part to support the quest to stay Covid-Free.
[Received notification from the Municipal Education Bureau] Warm reminders for the National Day Mid-Autumn Festival:
At present, the domestic COVID-19 epidemic is well controlled, but the international situation of prevention and control is still severe. Therefore, the ideological awareness and vigilance of epidemic prevention and control must not be slackened, and normalized prevention and control measures must still be implemented. The National Day &Mid-Autumn Festival is approaching. Teachers, students and parents may have travel plans for the holiday. Here are some requirements for the prevention and control of the holiday epidemic:
1. Based on the local government’s requirements, staff and students shall not go overseas or any high/medium risk areas.
2. Take necessary precautions while you are out, plan the trip properly and avoid the densely populated places.
3. Pay attention to and take care of the family members’ health condition; Go to the hospital timely if have symptoms such as coughing, fever and etc.
4. All students shall fill out the “Léman International School Chengdu Pupil Health Record” daily and submit this form to the homeroom teacher/advisor on the first day back to school (October 12).
5. If any students plan to go out side of Sichuan, please fill out the survey here to register your relevant information in advance.
6. If there is any other notifications from the government later about travel during the October break, we will share the information as soon as possible.
We wish all staff and families a happy and restful holiday.