This was an excellent opportunity for our students and parents to speak directly to representatives from American universities. These institutions offer a variety of programmes and are located in different parts of the United States but they all repeated the same key messages:
- A Levels are highly respected by each institution;
- They advised that students should complete their A Levels at BVIS to ensure that they are fully prepared for their studies in the USA;
- There is no advantage to be gained by deciding to study in the USA prior to applying to their university.
A number of universities value A Levels so highly that they:
- Offer Credit for International A Level students during the 1st year of their undergraduate programmes. This means that A Level students can often join the 2nd year of a degree programme;
- Accept studying at BVIS and A Levels as proof of their English Language ability and do not require students to do an IELTS/TOEFL test.
Please see below a list of the American Universities who visited BVIS today:
- Adelphi University
- English Language Institute
- Illinois State University
- Missouri Southern State University
- New York Institute of Technology
- Seattle Pacific University
- Snow College
- Tennessee Tech University
- University of Central Missouri
- University of Houston
- University of South Florida
- University of Wisconsin
- Victoria Kettering University
We often get asked by our parents whether a student should leave school before Year 13 to pursue their studies overseas and our answer is always the same. A student should concentrate on ensuring that they achieve as high a grade as possible, without any disruptions, in a secure environment surrounded by their family and teachers who know them. International A Levels are accepted over the world and good grades will ensure entry into one of the world’s top universities.