One of your most important goals as a parent is to raise children who become independent and self-reliant people. Certainly, in early development, your children count on you. As your children grow, they become more independent in these basic areas of living, but still depend on you for love, protection, guidance, and support. As your children reach adolescence and move toward adulthood, they become less reliant on you and gain greater independence in all aspects of their lives. This process of separation prepares your children for the demands of adulthood. But this progression toward adulthood is not inevitable and is often stymied by well-intentioned, but misguided, parents.
To help you better understand of how you can motivate your child so that they could be independent in later life we would like to invite you to our State of Independence Seminar. The seminar will have expert speakers who will speak on the following topics:
- How to educate your children to be independent to help them succeed?
- Three lessons we as parents need to teach our children.
- Dr Sarah Wild: Head of Secondary – British Vietnamese International School Hanoi
- Dr Tran Van Tinh: Head of Department of Psychology – University of Education (Hanoi National University)
- Ms Phan Thi Ho Diep: Lecturer - Special education department – Hanoi National University of Education
The seminar is open to BVIS and external parents. Entry to the seminar is free but places are limited so please register early to reserve your place.
Should you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school on (04) 62668800 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you!
If you are interested in any of the upcoming topics, please register to get early invitation letter.
Topic: State of Independence
Topic: Happiness = Success
May 29th, 2016
June 12th, 2016