Dear Parents and students,
As all will be aware, a continuous barrage of big storms, heavy rain and flooding has deeply affected life in central Vietnam during recent days. Floods and landslides have inundated thousands of houses and almost all crops, damaging important transport infrastructure of roads and bridges. The environmental impact felt in Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Thua Thien Hue, Quang Tri has left hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese families in life threatening situations, facing danger, hunger, lack of medical care, economical exhaustion, loss of educational services and extreme poverty. There are many fatalities, missing persons and those in need of urgent support after the crisis. They need our help so we do not leave anyone behind.
BVIS Hanoi would like to open an appeal to everyone in our school’s community to support this affected region and their people. Below are instructions on how we are looking to encourage donations in kind and in cash. All these donations will make life a little easier for the families and children in those areas, not just now in their immediate circumstances, but later too even when the plight of this region is no longer in the news.
HOW TO HELP?
- NON-UNIFORM DAY: 13th November 2020.
Students can enjoy a free uniform day by donating 50,000VND (minimum) to Form teachers
- Cash in sealed Collection boxes at EYFS, Primary and Secondary reception areas
- Bank transfer as following instructions:
- HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd - The Metropolitan, 235 Dong Khoi St., Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Account name: BVIS ROYAL
- Account No. VND: 091-324079-001
- Swift Code: HSBCVNVX
Please note your name and class in the transaction. Eg: Dinh Khoi Y1 family donate to central Vietnam flooding
- In-kind donations:
- Rice pack
- Winter jackets; Blankets; socks.
- School supplies: notebooks; stationaries, schoolbags, etc.
- Hygiene product: soaps of any kind, toothpaste and toothbrush, sanitary packs, nappies; anti-bacterial hygiene products.
Note: Please donate items that are still in good use condition. Foods are required to have long expiry date.
- Primary Building: Reception area - Ms. Tuyet (Marketing)
- Secondary and EYFS buildings: Reception area in Secondary building – Ms. Phuong (Community Service)
- In-cash donation starts from 2nd November.
- All BVIS’s community members can prepare donations and bring items to the collection points anytime between 9th Nov to 16th November 2020.
The event is under the collaboration between BVIS Hanoi and Centre for Supporting Community
Development Initiatives (SCDI). In previous years, our school and SCDI have joined together in different charitable projects to provide support to people in difficulties such as: COVID-19 people in poverty in Hanoi and other provinces. The information of their project can be found here: https://scdi.org.vn/tin-tuc/cac-tin-tuc-khac/cuoc-doi-thu-hai-vi-mien-trung-hoi-phuc/
Please join with willing hearts to help those in greatest need!