The British Vietnamese International School, Hanoi has a 15-point salary scale. New teachers are placed at an appropriate point based on years of teaching experience. A teacher’s positions on it is reviewed annually.
The salary scale is also reviewed annually to take account of in-country economic factors inflation and to keep the school competitive. It will be presented at interview where it will be put into the context of life in Vietnam and the other benefits we provide for teachers.
Please note that basic salaries within South and East Asia rarely match those of schools in the UK. However, the cost of living within Vietnam is so inexpensive that our teachers usually declare that they have a higher standard of living on the lower salary and are still able to save.
The current benefits available for overseas teachers include:
- Furnished accommodation allowance
- Medical insurance for the teacher and dependants
- Annual return air tickets for the teacher and dependants
- One free place for a dependant child in the school for each teacher. A second free place may be available at the discretion of the Principal.
- Health Club membership
- A settling-in allowance
- An end of service bonus
- A contract bonus is offered for second and subsequent 2-year contract renewals