The British International School Abu Dhabi is a premium quality school offering an English National curriculum to Abu Dhabi’s diverse and rapidly growing community. It is part of the Nord Anglia Education family of worldwide schools.
We are looking for a driven personality who will advocate and commit in providing excellent customer service and finance/accounting support within the School’s Finance department. This is a customer facing role requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
As a qualified School Finance/Customer Service Officer you will thrive in the role combining day-to-day customer focused activities and finance services. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the role will be responsible in managing customer billing process and liaise with customers/parents with regard to any financial queries. Supporting teachers and the principal and liaising with parents and pupils to ensure all tasks and responsibilities are complete. The successful candidate will also have a responsibility in ensuring the timely issuance and collection of school fees, and be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the debt management process.
The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge in financial accounting duties and accounting standards particularly in local market perspective.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Sales/Billing ledger processing
- Fee invoicing on a timely basis in accordance with BIS & ADEC guidelines
- Debt management and collection of over AED 50 m
- Cash and banking handling and processing, this may include point-of-sale processing
- Petty cash processing
- Expense claims authorisation and processing
- Support in procurement and supplier processing and payment when required
- Liaise with Marketing and Admissions department to ensure student database is maintained and is ‘clean’
- Periodic reporting of sales ledger, including debtors reporting
- Develop/maintain user-friendly reports
- Key interface with pupils and parents, building a strong and supportive relationship to attain objectives
The ideal candidate will have the following qualification and experience;
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or any financial related field
- With a minimum of 3 years accounting or finance experience
- Native English speaking professional is desirable
- Experience in education or learning environment
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com with ‘SCHOOL FINANCE/ CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER ( 3 months maternity cover)’ as subject heading.
Closing Date: Thursday, 29th October 2015